Horror-Theatrical The Autopsy of Jane Doe - In theaters December 21st, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Autopsy of Jane Doe (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]André Øvredal[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Emile Hirsch[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian Cox[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ophelia Lovibond[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Olwen Catherine Kelly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael McElhatton[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-09-09[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]99[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Father and son coroners who receive a mysterious homicide victim with no apparent cause of death. As they attempt to identify the beautiful young "Jane Doe," they discover increasingly bizarre clues that hold the key to her terrifying secrets.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
k1rYWZdfvvHRDQxsqonx3jj2P0B.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Source: FirstShowing.net

AutopsyofJanedoebigposterimg5991.jpg

Experienced coroner Tommy Tilden and his grown-up son Austin run a family-owned morgue and crematorium in Virginia. When the local Sheriff brings in an emergency case -- an unknown female corpse nicknamed 'Jane Doe', found in the basement of a home where a multiple homicide took place -- it seems like just another open-and-shut case. But as the autopsy proceeds, these seasoned professionals are left reeling as each layer of their inspection brings frightening new revelations. Perfectly preserved on the outside, Jane Doe's insides have been scarred, charred and dismembered -- seemingly the victim of a horrific yet mysterious ritualistic torture. As Tommy and Austin begin to piece together these gruesome discoveries, an unnatural force takes hold of the crematorium. While a violent storm rages above ground, it seems the real horrors lie on the inside… The Autopsy of Jane Doe is the first English-language film from Norwegian filmmaker André Øvredal, of Trollhunter previously. The script is written by Ian B. Goldberg & Richard Naing. This first premiered at TIFF and Fantastic Fest. IFC releases the film on December 21st.

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@tridon @bloodsnake007

Have you seen this yet?

I just finished watching it and I thought it was great.
Going to be honest, it's freaked me out a little too (but then I did start this at 3.30 am and I've had a few rums tonight so it prob don't help)

Hirsch and cox were fantastic in it and enjoyed the story, as chilling as it is I thought the ending was excellent too

Looking forward to øvredals next film

Only read if you've seen the film

I did however guess witch pretty much straight away but then thought it might be a devil thing after a while until they realise the truth.
At the start at that house when they said its looks like they were trying to escape, I love the way it's gone full circle and I wonder how many times it will happen, maybe for her to even get back to New England

Also like the reasoning behind the witchcraft with all the stuff they did in the 17th century to kill the witch even though she was a normal girl actually turned her into the witch

Felt really sorry for Hirsch and cox though. Didn't have a choice in the matter