• 3 Stars

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star

• Didn't see it-don't care

• Haven't seen it-will chime in once I do!

• 5 Stars

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 3 Stars

• 2 Stars

• 1 Star

• 5 Stars

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 3 Stars

• 2 Stars

• 1 Star

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
First Trailer
:

Original non-working trailer:

Attachments

• Avengers_logo.jpg
    Avengers_logo.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 10,226
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CollectorEmtee
Definitely the best Marvel movie to come out, hands down. Just saw it yesterday on IMAX 3D. I wanna go see it again! :thumbup::thumbup:

To me, giving Avengers a perfect 10/10 is saying it's one of the greatest films ever made and ranks right there with Godfather, Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, Terminator 2, Fight Club, etc., etc.

It was good, but c'mon guys, it wasn't that good.

To me, giving Avengers a perfect 10/10 is saying it's one of the greatest films ever made and ranks right there with Godfather, Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, Terminator 2, Fight Club, etc., etc.

It was good, but c'mon guys, it wasn't that good.

Oh man my initial assessment was correct... I need what your smoking, LOL. They must have the good stuff in Nebraska. :)

In all seriousness though the movies you list are GREAT indeed but how can this one not be a 10/10 along with them. Movies are a highly subjective matter but man this one was really up there blumaster. I guess to each there own. I haven't even seen Termi 2... Im ducking and hiding now please don't shoot me.

Ill make a compromise with you... ill come down half way from 20/10 and you come up half way from 8/10 and split the 12 point difference and make it an nice and even 14/10 :p

I rated The Avengers as 5 out of 5. While not a perfect movie in general, it is a perfect superhero movie because:

1. It's not easy to do such an epic movie with so many characters and give every character respect (the last time this was done, it was in the Lord of the Rings).

2. The movie is better than every single Avengers comic book i've ever read (The Ultimates is good but overrated).

3. The Avengers movie is just amazing how it was pulled together without falling apart.

4. Action scenes were still pretty exciting eventhough there weren't any particular visually amazing ones - most of the action is actually pretty generic. The only standout action scenes are ones with the Hulk, but that's because we love watching Hulk smash. Black Widow's fight scene in Iron Man 2 was much more visual eye candy than in any of her fight scenes in Avengers due to quick cutting. Thor fighting Loki is pretty generic. The most exciting thing about watching Thor is when he spins his hammer and chucks it. Capt. America had better fight scenes in his film.

5. The non-action scenes were actually just as exciting as the action scenes. It's probably a comic book geek thing, but it's just a pleasure to see all the Avengers characters interacting with each other. Character interaction in other awesome marvel movies (X-men 1 &2, Spiderman 1 & 2, Thor, Capt. America) have not even been this exciting as in The Avengers.

6. Story? It's good enough. It's a superhero movie. The story is the same generic/ordinary story found in X-Mens, Spidermans, Batmans, Thor, and Capt. America. If we are going to go with an interesting story, then I would have to choose Watchmen as being the most unique and interesting story of the superhero movies.

7. Great acting and chemistry with everyone.