Horror-Theatrical The Bad Batch - In theaters October 28, 2016

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Bad Batch (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE], [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ana Lily Amirpour[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Jim Carrey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keanu Reeves[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason Momoa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suki Waterhouse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Giovanni Ribisi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Diego Luna[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Roya O'Brien[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jayne Trcka[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yolonda Ross[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Aviel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Almayvonne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]E.R. Ruiz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Valiant Michael[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rae Sunshine Lee[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-10-28[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: “The Bad Batch” is a love story set in a community of cannibals in a future dystopia. In a desert wasteland in Texas, a muscled cannibal breaks one important rule: don’t play with your food.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
7o14VaMphEIzPwzeW6FP3A6zb4W.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

• Informative
  • Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and IRON MAN
Can't wait for this, I've been interested since I first heard of it. :D The fact that it's from the director of A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night just makes it even more intriguing, seriously watch that film and then think what can you expect from this if anything hah.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
So I only found out about this the other day and it's got me all over it

Basically only just found out about ana Lily amirpour and Sheila vand through watching a girl walks home alone at night on film 4 the other night and I was blown away. A sexy indie skateboarding cool music listening vampire!!!! What's not to love?

I'm actually obsessed with them both now (i know vand is not in this) but as a vampire nut I really dont know how that film slipped past me!!! Funny thing is I've seen the art for it everywhere for years! And the soundtrack, cor don't get me started. It's perfect (to the point where it's got me back into a band I hated for years - white lies)

Can't wait for this and I love the cast, trailer looks special and the music is just amazing. Oh and suki ... :drool::drool:
Excellent that it has Carey and Keanu too.

I look forward to amirpour's career (and vand even though I've already seen her in Argo) also I need to get the vinyl for a girl walks home and I imagine I'll be sayin the same about this in a few months

Just watched that second trailer and yeah my opinion hasn't changed, Carey, Keanu and Ribisi are Gona be fantastic

@Noodles I think she has a Tarantino/ Refn style but in honesty I think in time she will be better than Refn :OMG::ohno: - sorry

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and tridon
@Noodles I think she has a Tarantino/ Refn style but in honesty I think in time she will be better than Refn :OMG::ohno: - sorry
I really need to rewatch A Girl Walks Home, because I expected something really different the first time I saw it so came out feeling pretty disappointed. The trailer for this looks right up my street though and also gave me Refn vibes!

• Thanks
I really need to rewatch A Girl Walks Home, because I expected something really different the first time I saw it so came out feeling pretty disappointed. The trailer for this looks right up my street though and also gave me Refn vibes!

I fell in love with vand and the film on the first watch.

Just something so beautiful about that film. Quite simple and a bit of a slow burner but it all adds to the atmosphere and for a lead to not really say much (like gosling in drive) and pull it off always settles well with me

Have you heard of a new French/ Belgium film - Raw?

There was a Interview with the director and some clips on film 4 after a girl walks home and it looks so interesting (director is quite hot too like amirpour - bring on the female Indie directors I say :) )

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I fell in love with vand and the film on the first watch.

Just something so beautiful about that film. Quite simple and a bit of a slow burner but it all adds to the atmosphere and for a lead to not really say much (like gosling in drive) and pull it off always settles well with me

Have you heard of a new French/ Belgium film - Raw?

There was a Interview with the director and some clips on film 4 after a girl walks home and it looks so interesting (director is quite hot too like amirpour - bring on the female Indie directors I say :) )
I honestly can't remember anything about the film to be honest... can't even remember the soundtrack. Then again, I chose to watch it really late at night after I couldn't get to sleep, so that mixed with the fact it wasn't what I expected probably didn't help. You describing it back to me makes it sound like something I'd really enjoy though, so will give it another chance at some point.

I saw the trailer for Raw a while back, but only because I read an article about how people were passing out whilst watching it lol. It looks pretty messed up anyway, so I'll definitely be giving it a watch when it's out! :D

P.S. I had no idea both films had female directors... they often make the best indie films IMO.

• Thanks
I honestly can't remember anything about the film to be honest... can't even remember the soundtrack. Then again, I chose to watch it really late at night after I couldn't get to sleep, so that mixed with the fact it wasn't what I expected probably didn't help. You describing it back to me makes it sound like something I'd really enjoy though, so will give it another chance at some point.

I saw the trailer for Raw a while back, but only because I read an article about how people were passing out whilst watching it lol. It looks pretty messed up anyway, so I'll definitely be giving it a watch when it's out! :D

P.S. I had no idea both films had female directors... they often make the best indie films IMO.

Soundtrack is like Persian indie music with a kind of gothic route (a bit like the guest I suppose but more arabic sounding in places)

But for instance the white lies song - death works really well with it. When they came about I liked that fairground song but found them extremely depressing and they just sang about death but since watchin the film I dug out the album and I love it now- actually reminds me more of joy division

Yeah it was late night for me too but there's this particular scene that's just filmed so well - it's the Scene where he goes to the club in fancy dress and he's dressed as Dracula, he takes extacy for the first time and it's filmed very well - next bit he's out his nut and staring at a street lamp down a road lol and she sees him and it's possibly the first time In her life (she skates about at night looking for her victims or scaring kids lol) she's found someone who's not afraid of her and although he's vulnerable and battered he kinda tells her he will protect her as its late and she has this face of confusion but also fulfilment because that's never been said to her (or at least whilst she's been a vamp - not sure if she was born or bitten) he even hugs her all battered and it's like the tables have turned because his face is near her neck lol love it

I heard that had happened at Cannes and the director was shocked because it's not apparently a full on gory horror - it's supposed to be quite classy in that sense and she even said "I can go full on if i like - I like that too" she made me laugh. Very sexy accent too

They do, they do. Well they seem like 2 to look out for in the future and I can't wait to see both this and raw and I need to get a girl walks home at some point - a steel premium would be right up my street or a mondo for it

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Soundtrack is like Persian indie music with a kind of gothic route (a bit like the guest I suppose but more arabic sounding in places)

But for instance the white lies song - death works really well with it. When they came about I liked that fairground song but found them extremely depressing and they just sang about death but since watchin the film I dug out the album and I love it now- actually reminds me more of joy division

Yeah it was late night for me too but there's this particular scene that's just filmed so well - it's the Scene where he goes to the club in fancy dress and he's dressed as Dracula, he takes extacy for the first time and it's filmed very well - next bit he's out his nut and staring at a street lamp down a road lol and she sees him and it's possibly the first time In her life (she skates about at night looking for her victims or scaring kids lol) she's found someone who's not afraid of her and although he's vulnerable and battered he kinda tells her he will protect her as its late and she has this face of confusion but also fulfilment because that's never been said to her (or at least whilst she's been a vamp - not sure if she was born or bitten) he even hugs her all battered and it's like the tables have turned because his face is near her neck lol love it

I heard that had happened at Cannes and the director was shocked because it's not apparently a full on gory horror - it's supposed to be quite classy in that sense and she even said "I can go full on if i like - I like that too" she made me laugh. Very sexy accent too

They do, they do. Well they seem like 2 to look out for in the future and I can't wait to see both this and raw and I need to get a girl walks home at some point - a steel premium would be right up my street or a mondo for it
I read that as "acrobatic" at first. :LOL:

Ah, yeah... I do remember the White Lies song in there. Loved them back in my emo days. :p

I honestly don't remember ANY of what you just described... I obviously must have been out of it at the time to not remember anything lol. It all sounds pretty cool to me though, so I'm not sure why I didn't like it.

Ha that's what I'd heard too... that it is pretty gory, but it's probably nothing most haven't already seen before. I'm all for a bit of gore anyway and welcome any director going "full on" with it! :D

I'm pretty sure there's a digibook available from somewhere for AGWHAAN... in fact, here it is:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/a-girl-walks-home-alone-at-night-blu-ray-mediabook-germany.64488

Just came across this digipack (or at least I think it is) too which looks ever cooler!
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...o-lorber-special-collectors-edition-usa.62253

Might be best if we continue our convo in one of those threads by the way. ;)

• Thanks
That new trailer looked good. I'm in awe that Jim Carrey is going completely uncredited in this, though. Never thought I'd see the day when my favourite childhood actor went uncredited and starred underneath someone like Jason Momoa.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
That new trailer looked good. I'm in awe that Jim Carrey is going completely uncredited in this, though. Never thought I'd see the day when my favourite childhood actor went uncredited and starred underneath someone like Jason Momoa.
Same here... very surprising he doesn't get a mention, not even a "with" credit at the very end. o_O

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
The Bad Batch was such a fun, fearless breath of fresh air. I've seen some pretty negative reviews online and they honestly boggle my mind. The film is completely unchained and accompanied by a booming, bass-driven soundtrack. The cast was pleasantly surprising with the ensemble bringing their strange, horrifying characters to life with ease. Suki Waterhouse and Jason Momoa were excellent in their roles and Jim Carrey and Keanu Reeves were also great additions. If this is an Ana Lily Amirpour film, then I want more! I'll be watching 'A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night' as soon as possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo