The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

Is that Zach Snyder can you tell?

Wow that mock up just got a lot darker with that background lol

Oh so it's defo Snyder then. Can tell now and his cheek bones give it away

Plus I get what the designer is trying to say with that image and holding the bale cowl
I can definitely see the resemblance, but it's actually neither Affleck nor Snyder.

The artist used his own model, as you can see from this image posted on his Facebook page...

12744219_490455217809278_6855896033903381205_n.jpg

I can definitely see the resemblance, but it's actually neither Affleck nor Snyder.

The artist used his own model, as you can see from this image posted on his Facebook page...

View attachment 314699

Ha, he well looks like Snyder

Unless I'm reading too far into it I can see what the designer is trying to say though. There's a reason he looks like Snyder, holding the Nolan cowl and has that particular symbol in the background

But I suppose he could easily be made to look like affleck too

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
...bad news. Affleck might be leaving the cape and cowl.

I hope this isn't true.

If it is... I personally would like it better if they didn't replace him but have him pass the torch.
Bring Nightwing into the spotlight... OR even better, Do BATMAN BEYOND. Something I've been wanting to see for a LONG time.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
...bad news. Affleck might be leaving the cape and cowl.

I hope this isn't true.

If it is... I personally would like it better if they didn't replace him but have him pass the torch.
Bring Nightwing into the spotlight... OR even better, Do BATMAN BEYOND. Something I've been wanting to see for a LONG time.

I got the impression Affleck has wanted out for a while now anyway to be honest... can't understand why WB would want rid of him though, since he's been the best Batman AND Bruce IMO. So long as we still get to see him in this solo Batman movie though, then I'll be happy! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw
I got the impression Affleck has wanted out for a while now anyway to be honest... can't understand why WB would want rid of him though, since he's been the best Batman AND Bruce IMO. So long as we still get to see him in this solo Batman movie though, then I'll be happy! :D

I think Ben's personal life has really taken a toll on him. He F'd things up royally with his family and his alcohol addiction... its gotta be hard to want to be Batman after all that.
But I agree, He has been a great Batman so far.

So if he really wants out. Here is what I would do if I was WB.
Do 1 Solo Batman film (as scheduled). Then after that, do the batman beyond story with Ben in a smaller supporting role. They could even kill bruce wayne off then Ben is officially done.
Then Terry Mcginnis takes over as Batman. Continue DCEU.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
@Noodles @kaw

Agree I think he's wanted out for a while. His batman and Wayne has surprised me because he was my favourite thing in BvS, I'm now looking forward to JL and I want to see him in a solo but I also think his personal life has taken a toll too. Really not sure what they should do.... Passing the torch makes most sense and last thing I want to see is him in 3 films and then a straight up re cast

He's up there with bale for me (begins and dark knight bale - not rises)

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw and Noodles
So glad he's staying on. He's got the menace of Batman and the jadedness of and old Bruce Wayne. I know a load of people hated BvS but as a DC fan I liked it and a lot of that was how well Affleck nailed the part of Batman. He was easily the best thing about Suicide Squad too. Can't wait for JL and it's gonna be awesome to see him go up against Deathstroke.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
GOOD. stupid rumors. Bring on more Batfleck!

(isn't it crazy how a couple years ago everyone was so mad about him being batman and now they don't want him to leave. hilarious.)

I was one of those guys. Couldn't understand why they cast him, but it's all come good (I was the same with Daniel Craig as Bond, shows how much I know) In all fairness Affeleck's not the greatest actor in the world but he does fit Batman perfectly.

I think some of that comes from him actually being a Batman and DC fan so he knows the character inside and out. That's why I was happy when he was still writing 'The Batman' because he was always saying that he wanted it to be faithful to the Batman in the books.