The Batman - In theaters March 04, 2022

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 6 Votes
Title: The Batman

Genre: Action, Drama, Crime

Director: Matt Reeves

Cast: Robert Pattinson (Bruce Wayne / Batman); Andy Serkis (Alfred Pennyworth); Zoë Kravitz (Selina Kyle / Catwoman); Matthew McConaughey (Harvey Dent / Two-Face); Paul Dano (Edward Nashton / The Riddler); Colin Farrell (Oswald Cobblepot / The Penguin); Jeffrey Wright (Commissioner Gordon); John Turturro (Carmine Falcone)

Release: 2022-03-04

Plot: Batman's first stand-alone appearance in the DC Extended Universe.

GOOD. stupid rumors. Bring on more Batfleck!

(isn't it crazy how a couple years ago everyone was so mad about him being batman and now they don't want him to leave. hilarious.)
What drives me crazy is when they deny ever being mad about it. My mate's brother (who I can't stand) threw a fit when they first cast Affleck, yet he now claims he was always happy with the decision... I know for a fact he wasn't because he told me to "f*** off" when I defended Affleck at the very beginning lol. Some people. :rolleyes:

Saw this on the web and thought this is somekind of relevant...

There has been a "Rumor" floating around from Fortress of Solitude.com:
Breaking: Ben Affleck Signs On For Matt Reeves’ The Batman Trilogy, Batman Beyond Coming As Well

According to a source from Warner Bros., Ben Affleck has signed on to appear in Matt Reeves’ The Batman trilogy. Reportedly, Affleck will assume the mantle of the
Dark Knight for at least three more films, with the last leading towards a Batman Beyond film, which will kickstart the next phase of the DCEU.

“Yeah, he [Affleck] is staying on as the Batman. There were contract issues, but everything’s sorted now. He’ll do Reeves’ trilogy which sets up Batman Beyond, which will be the next phase of the DC film universe,” the source says.

But Screenrant.com already debunked it.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
OK now this just threw me for a loop...

In a recent interview with Reeves he said:
“Well I have a vision for a way to do something with that character [Batman] that feels like it resonates with me personally, and a perspective that can grow out into other things. When they [Warner Bros.] approached me, what they said was ‘look, it’s a standalone, it’s not part of the extended universe."

JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif

So... I don't get it. This whole thing is a mess.
This WONT be part of the DCEU? What is WB doing?

“Well I have a vision for a way to do something with that character [Batman] that feels like it resonates with me personally, and a perspective that can grow out into other things. When they [Warner Bros.] approached me, what they said was ‘look, it’s a standalone, it’s not part of the extended universe."

JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif

giphy-9.gif

This just gets weirder and weirder.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and kaw

JNDA_f-maxage-0.gif

giphy.gif

So... not sure whats going on at DC / WB... But if Affleck is out like many think he is for a long time now, Jon Hamm would be a fine choice to replace him if you ask me.

I was literally thinking about this the other day. How good it would be if Hamm was batman!
And to be honest (apart from the working out lol) he seems very up for it. Love how open and honest he was

I was literally thinking about this the other day. How good it would be if Hamm was batman!
And to be honest (apart from the working out lol) he seems very up for it. Love how open and honest he was

But it wouldn't be for this movie now would it? I believe it was mentioned that they want a younger Batman now for this movie.

Reactions: Flloydo
But it wouldn't be for this movie now would it? I believe it was mentioned that they want a younger Batman now for this movie.

Oh I have no idea mate. I still thought affleck was doing it as his last. I’ve kinda ignored all this info recently because of the changes/ rumours and Warner acting like a baby giraffe. Only just seen that Hamm interview and read the Cavill stuff the other day.

I meant Hamm for bats going forward.

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Oh I have no idea mate. I still thought affleck was doing it as his last. I’ve kinda ignored all this info recently because of the changes/ rumours and Warner acting like a baby giraffe. Only just seen that Hamm interview and read the Cavill stuff the other day.

I meant Hamm for bats going forward.

Yeah I'd like to see him play Batman going forward as well.

Reactions: Flloydo