Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £17.99

thebfgslb.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely artwork taken from one of the four official posters and preferable to the only other almost equally as good:-

Would be over the moon with an announcement of an IRON GIANT steelbook with this artwork for the front cover although I wouldn't mind this other as an alternative (both designs by ART MACHINE:-

. . . with the first reminding me of THE ROCKETEER poster and steelbook:-
rocketeer.jpg
70424_large.jpg

One change I'd like to see is the removal of the title from the front . . . or at the very least make it smaller or even a different colour so that it doesn't interfere with the artwork.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I heard of the Spielberg connection my first thought was "WTH!" - and got me thinking about the gems he's been involved with in the past including DUEL, JAWS, INDIANA JONES, E.T., JURASSIC PARK, SCHINDLER'S LIST and even THE TERMINAL and CATCH ME IF YOU CAN but then I came across this brief item about the BFG
(personally not a fan of the animated version):-

"THE BFG book sold 37 million copies...just in the UK alone, not counting US.
There was an animated film for it in the late 80s and then a stage play.
The BFG has won numerous awards including the 1985 Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis as the year's best children's book, in its German translation Sophiechen und der Rieseand the 1991 Read Alone and Read Aloud BILBY Awards.
In 2003 it was ranked number 56 in The Big Read, a two-stage survey of the British public by the BBC to determine the "Nation's Best-loved Novel".
The U.S. National Education Association listed The BFG among the "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children" based on a 2007 online poll.
In 2012 it was ranked number 88 among all-time children's novels in a survey published by School Library Journal, a monthly with primarily U.S. audience. It was the fourth of four books by Dahl among the Top 100, more than any other writer."

Last edited:
Reactions: rj531
Thanks dude... I think it looks great! :)

Hopefully it's gloss, and I couldn't care less about it not including 3D... it probably would've cost more than £18 otherwise.
To 3d or not to 3d !? I will wait for the 3d release myself ! Its like . . . Black and white or colour. 3d over 4k anyday ! Now 4k and 3d would be great; still waiting ?

• Thanks
Reactions: Actarus
This is the artwork I was hoping for. I thought this was a Disney film so was intrigued to see the steelbook retailing through Amazon rather than Zavvi - and with a title on the spine. But turns out it was only distributed by Disney in the USA. Entertainment One bought the distribution rights for the UK, hence why we're getting a decent release!

No 3D for this release...
No 3D release for Pete's Dragon...
Saw both at theater but will pass on both of these out of principal alone.

I suppose all the 3D haters have won. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo