The Birds (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Black Barons Collection #10) [Czech Republic]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: March 28, 2018
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 899 CZK
Group buy: from carllenc (GB closes March 29)

bb.jpg

25487152_2021324738104063_8086253305007236178_o.jpg
25439884_2021324734770730_6863655231535333740_o.jpg
Birds.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jane, not sure when exactly, but GBs wont close before we see the artwork. Karel had all the details like price, release date so he opened it just to have it ready when we will finally see the artwork.
With all due respect for you guys,wich i have. that does not make sense to me, never happen in the old days. The only reason i see for this to happen is to force people into buying earlier and for filmarena to sell all of the copies , to feed that rush feeling a collector gets ' hurry! before it sells out 'even if it looks bad.Happened with murder on the orient express, it was sold out before we got to see artwork.
I think its fair and respectfull to collectors that the gb goes live when we can actually know and see what we are going to buy. I dont think no one can desagree with that last part at least.

With all due respect for you guys,wich i have. that does not make sense to me, never happen in the old days. The only reason i see for this to happen is to force people into buying earlier and for filmarena to sell all of the copies , to feed that rush feeling a collector gets ' hurry! before it sells out 'even if it looks bad.Happened with murder on the orient express, it was sold out before we got to see artwork.
I think its fair and respectfull to collectors that the gb goes live when we can actually know and see what we are going to buy. I dont think no one can desagree with that last part at least.
Murder On The Orient Express was a whole different situation. You could have seen even FA didnt reveal how many copies in total they will make, we only got the confirmation how many we will be able to get and that was it. It was a difficult situation because GB had to be opened as GB host needed to confirm how many copies he will be taking and to also secure the collectible numbers which are being held for him, but only for a certain time. The GB artwork wasnt revealed, but when these situations happen and someone would like to cancel their copy after artwork is revealed he is more than welcome to contact us and we will make everything to help him out in that way.

For the second part: I totally understand and I wouldnt be buying anything without seeing artwork first. All I have to say from the GB host point of view is that if there is no artwork when Karel opens his GB he will make sure to leave it opened long enough for all to make their decision after artwork is revealed. They can sign up or contact us if they want to cancel it while GB is still opened. You can look at the latest GBs of his, they were always opened long enough and there were enough copies for everyone to secure theirs so I dont really see any issue here with "rushing" or "pushing" anyone to buy. These GBs make Karel a very busy man and since he is constantly occupied and finds a few minutes during his day to get ready for another GB then I completely understand why he opens it.

Looking forward to seeing the beauty shot! It's not one of my favourite Hitchcock films, but I could be tempted to buy this if the whole package is nice enough... so far, so good (I love the steelbook). :D

So-so. I'm glad they used the classic title typography on the slip. I kind of wish for some color somewhere on this edition (it's not a black and white movie!), and of course for the classic movie poster, but everything in this set goes together well, and I'm sure the quality will be great.

I assume this means we're not getting the Saul Bass poster on the Vertigo slip. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: el barto
Not bad, reminds me the previous steelbook released last year, but with nice font. Probably grab this as I love this film :coffee:

Other than embossing the title, what else could be done with this slip to make it extra-fancy? There don't seem to be many possibilities.

Was curious about this one. Didnt have a good experience with bb as the only one i own is the shallows, which im not a fan of. Just a big fan of the movie. Actually thought this was gonna be my 2nd, but i dont like the slip as well. Will go for the regular instead

Tough decision. I'm not sure if this is worth twice the value (before addded shipping) of the regular steelbook from Zavvi :(