The "Blu-rays Shipping Without Slipcovers" Thread

Jan 2, 2013
Sydney, AU
Hi guys, I was wondering who would quite like the idea of a pinned thread dedicated to updates surrounding particular titles as they stop shipping with slips? I find this info quite useful as we have all had an experience where a slip was expected and didn't arrive. It would be as simple as updating the thread with info surrounding your order if it didn't arrive with a slip.

slip4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thread @TakingYoSteelz :thumbs: :notworthy:

I love Slips! :drool: And it drives me crazy when I receive a release in the mail thinking I'm gonna see a SEXY Slip... and it's naked!!! :angry: :wtf: This happened to me earlier this week... Need for Speed, no DAMN slip! :mad: :(

No slip for Wild at Heart [UK] although the pic from amazon.co.uk looks like it has a slipcover.
81P-R2pkvnL._SL1500_.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tridon
How does this thread work exactly...???
if I order from Amazon dot com for example, are there not dozens, if not hundreds, of different warehouses the disc could come from depending on where I live..??
So if I was to post on here saying I ordered such and such a bluray and it did not come with a slip...how does that help anyone since their disc could come from a completely different location/warehouse...
?

How does this thread work exactly...???
if I order from Amazon dot com for example, are there not dozens, if not hundreds, of different warehouses the disc could come from depending on where I live..??
So if I was to post on here saying I ordered such and such a bluray and it did not come with a slip...how does that help anyone since their disc could come from a completely different location/warehouse...
?

Good point. Amazon have several warehouses they ship from so it's hard to tell if you will get a slip or not when ordering from amazon when it's gone a month or two after release date.
I remember ordering Tyranosaur from amz.uk a long time after it had been released and I got a slipcover but 2 other people that ordered at the same time didn't get a slip.

Ye I agree also here in the u.k some titles don't have a slip at all come release day for example captain America 2 2d has no slip at all anywhere in the u.k, but the 3d version does have the slip.

So in that respect it's a gd way to keep people informed example.

I was in asda (wallmart) and saw they just released captain America 2 or world war z, yet none of these had slips has anyone else spotted slips for these titles here in the u.k stores?
At least that way people get a definitive answer on the planned purchase, in the case of world war z in order for us to have a slip we must import it.

WWZ is an example of many instances here in the u.k were you expect a slip with your film, amazon deliver it bare and you feel your missing something so you have to check stores to see if it's just your copy.

At least that's my thoughts on this thread, good idea :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
I know its annoying when you buy a Blu-ray online and it doesn't come with a slip.That's why i usually buy from the shops or i have to ask on Amazon chat before buying.