The "Blu-rays Shipping Without Slipcovers" Thread

Jan 2, 2013
Sydney, AU
Hi guys, I was wondering who would quite like the idea of a pinned thread dedicated to updates surrounding particular titles as they stop shipping with slips? I find this info quite useful as we have all had an experience where a slip was expected and didn't arrive. It would be as simple as updating the thread with info surrounding your order if it didn't arrive with a slip.

slip4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Da vinci demons season 1 from base no slip, I don't think there's a uk slip for this.

Amazon not selling the slip with sons of anarchy season 5 which I bought the other day so heads up.

I don't like the idea of Amazon selling only the first batches with slips and we are left to wonder whether our orders shipped with slips or not. Slip or no slip they should be separate listings cuz how much I'm willing to pay for the movie depends on whether it comes with a nice slip.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Revolver31
Indeed I tend to Pre-order my blu-rays to make sure they come with slips, but there's some companies even upon release that does not come with slip,

All MAGNOLIA Pictures are sent with just Amaray case even when pre-ordering(as of now, if it changes I would post)

White Bird In A Blizzard upcoming release Starring Shailene Woodley is from Magnolia Pictures and I do not expect a slipcover.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
US; Ordered The Place Beyond The Pines from Amazon.com and came WITHOUT Slipcover

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOREA; Blu-ray ''If I Stay'' Korea Pre Release and ''In Time'' with Justing Timberlake come WITHOUT Slipcover

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PunkNinja
I mentioned Odd Thomas above, for those who want a slipcover the French edition blu ray comes with a slipcover. But be warned, if you don't like stickers on your slipcover it comes with a rather big sticker right across the bottom front of the slipcover itself and it's the type of sticker that brings away a layer of the slipcover. Did it to mine unfortunately and I was really really careful, hopefully can see it in the photo I've attached.

odd.png

I got a replacement copy of that French edition Odd Thomas above and it also came with the horrible sticker on the slipcover which did exactly the same thing, rip off a layer of the slipcover right across... so looks like the sticker comes on every slipcover. Oh well.

Just asking, who knows ;)
I'm looking for Black Sails season 2 from UK, and I just want to know if it comes with or without slip from Amazon? :woot:
Thanks for any answer!:coffee:

Does anyone know if from Amazon.com

The Age of Adaline come with a Slipcover or not ?

It seems They now have removed most all of pictures of slipcovers and replaced them with a picture only and blue banner on top which could be the picture that goes directly on the Amaray. Cinderella, Tomorrowland had FullSlip Pictures not too long ago few weeks or so just as an example and they now have removed the fullslips pictures and put same type of picture as of ''Age of Adaline'' so it is difficult to know if it comes with or without as we can rely on the picture, it now looks they all come without which would not make sense.