The "Blu-rays Shipping Without Slipcovers" Thread

Jan 2, 2013
Sydney, AU
Hi guys, I was wondering who would quite like the idea of a pinned thread dedicated to updates surrounding particular titles as they stop shipping with slips? I find this info quite useful as we have all had an experience where a slip was expected and didn't arrive. It would be as simple as updating the thread with info surrounding your order if it didn't arrive with a slip.

slip4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just received star wars rebels fae amazon no slip cover , usual service by amazon and not a bad price, however this had to be sent back the studio distributers in the u.k who have once again put in a lazy effort (this is becoming a habit) no slip cover yet the u.s. gets a great looking slip god even Germany gets one, so due to there lazy efforts I feel its no longer worth my money, this is the same reason I refused to buy avengers 2, the quality of the product in this country compared to the u.s. is terrible and we pay more for it sorry but from now on no more Disney product in the u.k. for me.

Looks like no john wick slip cover in the u.k. disgraceful.

And the u.s is A locked lovely :mad:, cant buy that, won't buy the crap u.k version so i'll have to get my movie another way and they'll get no money, when will these company's learn between no slips, cut content, missing features, there losses are there own fault :banghead:

Last edited:
Reactions: bloodsnake007
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
HELL YEAH! :woot: Thanks for the pics @Netclone :photo: :thumbs:
Oh, a slipbox... very nice! Congrats!

I always considered getting this one, but I have the limited Korean release, so I'm happy with that. :)
Love that Edition! :drool: :hungry:

It's just a heads up that you may not get one. And it's not limited to Amazon.
Some things also seem have a time limit. I could be totally wrong on this, but It seems to me that all the Star Trek:TNG season series Blu rays stopped shipping with slipcovers almost at the year mark after release. The Supernatural series Blu rays seemed to follow the same pattern. I don't know if that is because the FIRST run is with slips and then after that it is just regular amarays, or they have a SET period for slipcover editions. Food for thought.

I tried ordering the Pan's Labyrinth with slipbox but its out of stock now
did anyome manage to get one in the past few days?
@Damien666 Are you serious?! :OMG: Son of a! :banghead: I knew I should of ordered it when I had the chance! :squint: Oh well, I'm very happy with the Editions I currently own for this masterpiece! :thumbs:
@bloodsnake007 - you should try to get the Canadian Lenticular slip edition. Killer.:thumbs:

Thanks for the tag @C.C. 95 :thumbs: But HELL YEAH, I already own this gem! :drool: :notworthy:
DSC02251.JPG

Reactions: C.C. 95