Release Date: 15th September 2014
Buy links:
Arrow Link
Amazon
Zavvi

Format: Blu-ray
Starring: Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher
Directed by: Joe Dante

Synopsis: HE’S A MAN OF PEACE IN A SAVAGE LAND… SUBURBIA.
The films of director Joe Dante have taken us to some strange places – a mysterious Chinatown antique store in Gremlins; a secluded resort populated by werewolves in The Howling; even deep inside the human body in Innerspace. But now he takes us to the strangest place of all – surburbia!

Family man Ray Peterson (Tom Hanks) is looking forward to a week of putting his feet up at home in the quiet, leafy cul-de-sac of Mayfield Place. But his plans are scuppered by the arrival of new next-door neighbours, The Klopeks, whose behaviour and habits are more than just a little kooky. But things go from kooky to downright sinister when local old boy Walter disappears, leading Ray and his buddies to suspect their new neighbours of killing and eating him! Sure, the Klopeks are a strange bunch what with their digging up the backyard in the middle of the night – but they’re not devil-worshipping cannibal killers… are they?

If you’re looking for a knowing slice of tongue-in-cheek terror then look no further than The ’Burbs. A standout horror comedy from a director who has given us more than his fair share of fun frighteners, The ’Burbs assembles a superb cast including Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern, Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman in a tall tale of small-town terror. You’ll never look at those eccentric neighbours in the same way again!

SPECIAL FEATURES:
Limited Edition SteelBook packaging
High Definition digital transfer
Newly created exclusive content
Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film, archive content and more!
More to be announced closer to the release date

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 304
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind waiting a bit longer, sounds like it's going to be a quality release! :movie:

I watched this the other day was expecting it to be alright but I really enjoyed it and will be getting this but think I'm going to wait for the price to drop a bit as I've already spent a lot.

Extras from the full page advert in Empire

Feature length making of

Rare Alternative and deleted scenes

Commentary

and much much more

Didn't this go up originally for 14.99?

I don't remember I thought it was always priced at 18.99 on the arrow site?

I know I bought Big trouble in little China for 13.99 when I pre-ordered it last year, and I would have pre-ordered this for that price too so I don't think it was that low before?

I don't remember I thought it was always priced at 18.99 on the arrow site?

I know I bought Big trouble in little China for 13.99 when I pre-ordered it last year, and I would have pre-ordered this for that price too so I don't think it was that low before?

It was £14.99 (i joined arrow Web site and they gave me a further £1 off) so i got it for £13.99:scat: