Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: October 10, 2016
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £17.99

13620997_1238081696225822_4687296925332259213_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it but Scream and Arrow used the same master and Arrow used a higher bitrate. There should be no difference except in packaging and extras.
The differences in Extras have already been posted in post #61 and elsewhere (the Arrow has a couple of extra Extras compared to the Shout).

I personally prefer the new *Phantom City Creative artwork on the Arrow which I find most elegant and looking forward to the Amaray to see which artwork will used as the reversible.
*http://phantomcitycreative.com/?our-work=the-burning

Last edited:
I think the steelbook cover is superb. It conveys the horror of the film without giving anything away for people like me who went into it as a blind buy Very much reminds me of the Alien poster in that you don't know what you're getting yourself into, But you're glad you bite.......

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
If anybody is interested, there's a halloween promotion going on at Fopp stores relating to Arrow video releases. Older titles, but still - looks like dvds are £3, and blu rays are £6. Not limited or special edition releases but might be something that you want and can get cheap. Not sure how long it lasts though, probably at least until Halloween.

Yes, wondering if this steelbook will still be available after Hallowe'en up until Christmas . . .
Normally i would've thought it would be gone by halloween, but because the price Zavvi are selling it now is £7 more that the preorder price, it might not sell as fast. I know Amazon did the same, and that went quite quick, but i think most people picked it up from there not knowing if or when Zavvi would put it back on. I would think that these on Zavvi now are cancellations - how many were cancelked, we dont know. Could be gone tomorrow, or could be up there for a few weeks. I personally reckon these will be gone, roughly, around halloween. But look at Audition steelbook - sold out everywhere else long time ago ( i think?) but been on Zavvi for ages since then.

Normally i would've thought it would be gone by halloween, but because the price Zavvi are selling it now is £7 more that the preorder price, it might not sell as fast. I know Amazon did the same, and that went quite quick, but i think most people picked it up from there not knowing if or when Zavvi would put it back on. I would think that these on Zavvi now are cancellations - how many were cancelked, we dont know. Could be gone tomorrow, or could be up there for a few weeks. I personally reckon these will be gone, roughly, around halloween. But look at Audition steelbook - sold out everywhere else long time ago ( i think?) but been on Zavvi for ages since then.
Surprised it is still available for sale. I would expect this to be sold by Halloween

It all depends (This applies to all releases) on how many a retailer orders from Arrow Films the Distributor.

Arrow Films don't have any stock of the Burning as it's OOP they sold all the print run but that don't mean a retailer won't have some stock left from that order.

In regards to Audition Steelbook this is not OOP it's still available from Arrow Films so any retailer can still place an order if they wanted to and is still available with Hmv/Zavvi and a few other retailers it was not a release expected to sell out quickly.
Amazon just sold out what they ordered and did not re order more stock that is why it's third party sellers only with them at the moment if amazon wanted to they can re order more of Audition if they wanted.

Any stock of a release that Arrow list as OOP which is still available with a retailer is from the order they gave arrow before it went out of stock with Arrow Films
Some retailers would order a small amount while another retailer can have ordered more so it can go out of stock quicker with some retailers due to either they got more orders from customers or had less stock to start with.

You can get with some releases which was previously listed as OOP by the distributor a retailer returns stock to the distributor because they could not sell what they ordered so it then becomes no longer OOP because the distributor now has this stock back available for other retailers to order.

Zavvi may have ordered lot more than Amazon or Hmv which is very possible as they do usually order a lot more stock than most of the other retailers or have had less customers ordering from them but it's more likely they have had more customer cancellations than the other retailers.

Retailers get lot of orders cancelled all the time with most just before payment is required and some due to failed payments and customers not providing another payment method in time when given the choice which is usually only 1-2 days at max and in some cases when stock it limited whoever provides payment quicker.
Some retailers are slow to put back on their system due to the type of stock control they have in place and they also do cancel some orders they consider bulk orders they don't like it's depends on the release as to when they do this.

A retailer sometimes does always not get delivery of all of their order at the same time some can arrive a few days or weeks later for various reasons late payment by the retailer to the distributor and is held until payment is made or simple transport delay of missing part of the order arriving after been found.

The Burning Steelbook I don't expect this to be available for a long period of time with Zavvi and expect it will be gone in next few days/weeks and be very surprised if still available in a few months considering it's sold out with most of the other retailers and that it was a highly wanted release from the fans.

It all depends (This applies to all releases) on how many a retailer orders from Arrow Films the Distributor.

Arrow Films don't have any stock of the Burning as it's OOP they sold all the print run but that don't mean a retailer won't have some stock left from that order.

In regards to Audition Steelbook this is not OOP it's still available from Arrow Films so any retailer can still place an order if they wanted to and is still available with Hmv/Zavvi and a few other retailers it was not a release expected to sell out quickly.
Amazon just sold out what they ordered and did not re order more stock that is why it's third party sellers only with them at the moment if amazon wanted to they can re order more of Audition if they wanted.

Any stock of a release that Arrow list as OOP which is still available with a retailer is from the order they gave arrow before it went out of stock with Arrow Films
Some retailers would order a small amount while another retailer can have ordered more so it can go out of stock quicker with some retailers due to either they got more orders from customers or had less stock to start with.

You can get with some releases which was previously listed as OOP by the distributor a retailer returns stock to the distributor because they could not sell what they ordered so it then becomes no longer OOP because the distributor now has this stock back available for other retailers to order.

Zavvi may have ordered lot more than Amazon or Hmv which is very possible as they do usually order a lot more stock than most of the other retailers or have had less customers ordering from them but it's more likely they have had more customer cancellations than the other retailers.

Retailers get lot of orders cancelled all the time with most just before payment is required and some due to failed payments and customers not providing another payment method in time when given the choice which is usually only 1-2 days at max and in some cases when stock it limited whoever provides payment quicker.
Some retailers are slow to put back on their system due to the type of stock control they have in place and they also do cancel some orders they consider bulk orders they don't like it's depends on the release as to when they do this.

A retailer sometimes does always not get delivery of all of their order at the same time some can arrive a few days or weeks later for various reasons late payment by the retailer to the distributor and is held until payment is made or simple transport delay of missing part of the order arriving after been found.

The Burning Steelbook I don't expect this to be available for a long period of time with Zavvi and expect it will be gone in next few days/weeks and be very surprised if still available in a few months considering it's sold out with most of the other retailers and that it was a highly wanted release from the fans.
I could be wrong here, but i dont think Arrow have Audition dual format steelbook still for sale on there site, and i don't they have had for quite a while. I remember they posted on their facebook page quite some time back that they were sold out, and that you couldn't buy it directly from them. If you look at their Video Deck web page ot has a list of their sold out/ oop limited edition titles that you can no longer get from them direct - Audition is sold out ( or OOP ) , and that page was last updated Feb, 2016.

I could be wrong here, but i dont think Arrow have Audition dual format steelbook still for sale on there site, and i don't they have had for quite a while. I remember they posted on their facebook page quite some time back that they were sold out, and that you couldn't buy it directly from them. If you look at their Video Deck web page ot has a list of their sold out/ oop limited edition titles that you can no longer get from them direct - Audition is sold out ( or OOP ) , and that page was last updated Feb, 2016.
It's still available
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=au&product_id=639

As I mentioned in previous post retailers can often return unsold stock back to the distributor and it's then no longer is OOP this only happens the odd time but it's not unusual
Sold Out and OOP not the same

Last edited:
It's still available
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=au&product_id=639

As I mentioned in previous post retailers can often return unsold stock back to the distributor and it then no longer is OOP
Thanks Paul, but help me out, i am confused so you might be able to answer my questions on this:
1) How come its listed as sold out/ oop on tbe Video Deck web page
And,
2) i just checked the Hidef Ninja thread on it and you yourself posted info from arrow stating that it was oop?
Help me out Paul, cos i know you know your stuff.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Thanks Paul, but help me out, i am confused so you might be able to answer my questions on this:
1) How come its listed as sold out/ oop on tbe Video Deck web page
And,
2) i just checked the Hidef Ninja thread on it and you yourself posted info from arrow stating that it was oop?
Help me out Paul, cos i know you know your stuff.
Arrow not updated that in a while needs to be updated as some of them are sold out and some are not
Retailers orders from arrow and then Arrow don't have any stock left so it get's listed as Sold Out or OOP but a few months later or a year later they agree to take back from a retailer unsold stock or exchange for different stock it's called Sale on Return/Sale on Exchange

To be honest I was surprised Audition was listed as Sold Out at the time as it's not a release I expected to sell out quickly it can happen retailers over order and you get stuck with unsold stock it depends on what arrangements you have with a distributor for SOR or SOE

Arrow not updated that in a while needs to be updated as some of them are sold out and some are not
Retailers orders from arrow and then Arrow don't have any stock left so it get's listed as Sold Out or OOP but a few months later or a year later they agree to take back from a retailer unsold stock or exchange for different stock it's called Sale on Return/Sale on Exchange

To be honest I was surprised Audition was listed as Sold Out at the time as it's not a release I expected to sell out quickly it can happen retailers over order and you get stuck with unsold stock it depends on what arrangements you have with a distributor for SOR or SOE
Yeah i know - i was surprised when they initially stated it was sold out. Having not seen it before i rushed out and bought the steelbook, but slightly regret it now as its not really my kind of movie - it was good, and i will give it a second viewing at some point, but i was expecting it to be better.
Anyway, if stock does re-appear now and then, then maybe we'll see Dawn of the dead back in stock sometime............HAHA, NAAAAAA!!

Yeah i know - i was surprised when they initially stated it was sold out. Having not seen it before i rushed out and bought the steelbook, but slightly regret it now as its not really my kind of movie - it was good, and i will give it a second viewing at some point, but i was expecting it to be better.
Anyway, if stock does re-appear now and then, then maybe we'll see Dawn of the dead back in stock sometime............HAHA, NAAAAAA!!

Arrow Dawn of the dead
Ha Ha that's very unlikely better odds on winning the lotto

You are aware though of the Dawn of the dead 4K restored Blu-ray getting a release in Italy
4K UHD
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...k-ultrahd-5-blu-ray-italy.80506/#post-1793521

Standard Blu-ray
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-with-slipcover-midnight-factory-italy.80353/

Arrow Dawn of the dead
Ha Ha that's very unlikely better odds on winning the lotto

You are aware though of the Dawn of the dead 4K restored Blu-ray getting a release in Italy
4K UHD
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...k-ultrahd-5-blu-ray-italy.80506/#post-1793521

Standard Blu-ray
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-with-slipcover-midnight-factory-italy.80353/
Yes, i did hear of this last week i think. I've had the arrow blu ray slipcase for a while (can you believe still unopened?), and dont know ANYTHING about 4k. I've a couple of 4k blu rays ( Bram Stokers Dracula, with Gary Oldman) but the PQ doesn't seem any different to a normal blu ray. I dont have a 4k TV though, do maybe thats why? Still, if Dawn of the dead 4k limited edition comes to these shores then i would probably go for it. But i must admit, i treasure my Arrow slipcase blu ray, got it just before it was completely sold out - kind of explains why i haven't broken it open yet, i just gawp at it!

^ Yes, "Audition" - great film but in no way everyone's cup of tea and slow, slow until ...
As a fan of J-Horror (and stuff from China, Korea etc.) maybe worth trying "Cold Fish" first - from Third Window Films - and one of the others before "Audition".

Regarding those Arrow window slipcase editions: Yes, I bought them all originally primarily for the packaging, for the artcards, posters etc. and was hoping to build up a large collection (look great on the shelves almost like books !) but as we know they were phased out quite suddenly with only a further three, if I remember correctly, released recently as very limited editions. There were a few other slipcase editions but without the windows including the 2 "Demons" and Arrow Academy's delightful "Cinema Paradiso".
I remember feeling peeved at the time they discontinued those editions to make way for the clear white Amarays without slipcases and I remember firing off a letter to Arrow expressing my disappointment . . . Those releases, however, were not all perfect by any stretch and if I remember correctly a couple of them had issues with the spoken language with the language track switching from English to Italian and back again to English throughout the film . . . something you can imagine was super annoying.
Anyway, with the passing of time, now addicted to the clear Amarays and buy all the titles that I can even re-buying the titles I bought originally in the slipcases (LOL).

Regarding the "4K" release you mentioned - "Bram Stoker's: Dracula" - that one, and a host of other releases from earlier this year and before, are "Mastered in 4K" but still presented in 1080p.
For proper 4K or 2160p releases you have to look to the titles that have started to appear very recently and I believe only come in black Amarays (and one steelbook - "Labyrinth) . . . at least that's as far as the U.K. is concerned.

Last edited:
^ Yes, "Audition" - great film but in no way everyone's cup of tea and slow, slow until ...
As a fan of J-Horror (and stuff from China, Korea etc.) maybe worth trying "Cold Fish" first - from Third Window Films - and one of the others before "Audition".

Regarding those Arrow window slipcase editions: Yes, I bought them all originally primarily for the packaging, for the artcards, posters etc. and was hoping to build up a large collection (look great on the shelves almost like books !) but as we know they were phased out quite suddenly with only a further three, if I remember correctly, released recently as very limited editions. There were a few other slipcase editions but without the windows including the 2 "Demons" and Arrow Academy's delightful "Cinema Paradiso".
I remember feeling peeved at the time they discontinued those editions to make way for the clear white Amarays without slipcases and I remember firing off a letter to Arrow expressing my disappointment . . . Those releases, however, were not all perfect by any stretch and if I remember correctly a couple of them had issues with the spoken language with the language track switching from English to Italian and back again to English throughout the film . . . something you can imagine was super annoying.
Anyway, with the passing of time, now addicted to the clear Amarays and buy all the titles that I can even re-buying the titles I bought originally in the slipcases (LOL).

Regarding the "4K" release you mentioned - "Bram Stoker's: Dracula" - that one, and a host of other releases from earlier this year and before, are "Mastered in 4K" but still presented in 1080p.
For proper 4K or 2160p releases you have to look to the titles that have started to appear very recently and I believe only come in black Amarays (and one steelbook - "Labyrinth) . . . at least that's as far as the U.K. is concerned.
Oh ok, thats why i didn't see much ( if any ) differance in PQ then. But if i get a proper 4k or 2160p release will i see the differance on my TV? Or would i only notice a differance if i have 4K TV?
As for the white window slipcases Arrow used to do, i think they were the best. I like packaging that is not the run of the mill stuff - they were just so different to anything else on the shelf, and packed with stuff. Amarays don't appeal to me but i do buy them if thats the only packaging the movie is available in. Yeah, some of the window slipcase releases had problems like you said but i don't mind that too much - in a kind of warped way it makes it a bit more unique, for me. But putting those kind of packages together for their releases got a bit heavy for them in the end, and the result is that i treasure them even more now - i just dont think you're going to see that kind of packaging again.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia