Release date: January 5th, 2015
Purchase link: The Butterfly Effect
Price: £14.99
Notes: Ultra limited print run

butterfly.jpg

back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-ordered, but like the poster above I'm warey over Zavvi's 'artwork'

whilst some changes are for the better, this is hard to beat so am hopnig it doesnt change

This is the Artwork its an Icon home entertainment release (Icon Film Distribution UK)

Its mostly only with Disney or Marvel Releases that we often end up with different Artwork or were we don't see the Artwork until its delivered

Last edited:
Reactions: digitalbabe
I'm much more worried about the probable poor matte finish Icon uses to go with (Apocalypto docet, and it's just the last one).
I've nothing against matte when the art fits the finish, but this bright one needs a gloss effort (and some metallic shine as well)

Last edited:
So far Icon Steelbooks have been a matte finish

Sometime a matte finish can look good if its done well with quality Artwork finish and bare metal is combined in its use with embossing or debossing

I also would like to see some been a gloss finish especially
Let Me In and The Butterfly Effect
The 30 Days of Night was let down by not been a gloss finish

Will that change we just have to wait and see as Icon UK are new to doing steelbooks

Icon Distribution UK now will do all their own Blu-ray/DVD releases from now on and have given Zavvi Retail Steelbook exclusives so far
http://www.iconmovies.co.uk/library.html
If you look at their Catalogue there are some good possible releases and re releases with one big title I would not be surprised to see get a re release for the UK

Last edited:
I would LOVE icon to follow this up with 21 grams, alpha dog, & what women want - probably not big enough titles for steelbooks though.
I got my pre-order in, as I love this film - just hoping they give it the attention it deserves (glossy steel, directors cut disc, maybe a new remaster?)
but I fear for dull matte, theatrical cut only, and same transfer as squeezed onto the trilogy disc. or even worse, this actually being the trilogy in a steelbook.

Zavvi cancellation page: "The following items were purchased as part of special offer(s) "View All Steelbooks & View All Steelbooks", and can only be cancelled as a group."

incase its not been stated here yet, I have it on good authority that it will NOT contain the directors cut, as icon do not own the HD master of that version.
Theatrical version only.

Easy solution for those of us in North America or have a Region Free player.... buy the US version for $8 and replace the disc in the steelbook. Problem solved. I have done that with many... NBK and Cloud Atlas included...

Reactions: funkydamo
Easy solution for those of us in North America or have a Region Free player.... buy the US version for $8 and replace the disc in the steelbook. Problem solved. I have done that with many... NBK and Cloud Atlas included...

the US disc is region free anyway (I used to own it, replaced it with the german digibook) I will pick the US one up again at some point to go in the steel.

Reactions: Sounder