Netflix The Cloverfield Paradox - Streaming on Netflix on February 4, 2018

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: God Particle (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Julius Onah[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR][/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-02-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Story follows an American space station crew left abandoned after a problem with a Hadron accelerator causes Earth to vanish entirely.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dJe4s2h9hac0Fu3pQVV4OuWe8kU.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDb

BadRobotBar.jpg

Comingsoon reports

Paramount Pictures has set a February 24, 2017 release for the original Bad Robot feature God Particle. The microbudgeted science fiction tale was first announced back in 2012.

The plot of God Particle is said to revolve around an American space station that, after an accident with a particle accelerator, suddenly finds that Earth has vanished altogether. Things get stranger when they then they pick up traces of another space station nearby.

In physics, the “God Particle” is a nickname given to the hypothetical Higgs boson, a particle upon which much of our understanding of quantum physics is based. The world’s largest particle accelerator, the Large Hadron Collider, was built in Geneva, Switzerland in an attempt to prove the Higgs boson’s existence.

God Particle will be directed by Julius Onah (The Girl is in Trouble). Originally scripted by Freaks of Nature and 22 Jump Street scribe Oren Uziel, God Particle was since rewritten by Star Beyond‘s Doug Jung.

God Particle is the first film to claim that February 24, 2017 date. The film will arrive one week after both Bad Boys 3 and The Maze Runner: The Death Cure and one week before 20th Century Fox’s still-untitled third Wolverine film.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK just finished.
Here are my spoiler filled thoughts:
I'm torn. This movie really felt like they took a cool idea. Then shot that movie... and then the studio thought... "hey, we could add in a Cloverfield connection" afterwards.
All the stuff that takes place on earth looks like it was shot WAY later and was never really part of the original film. I could be totally wrong. But thats the way I felt with it.
Knowing how long it took for this to be released, delay after delay... its making me think that it might be true.

Now putting that a side. I'm always a fan of Multi-dimension films. And this starts out pretty cool. But I just wish they had gone even further with it.
Do more trippy things of both universes occupying the same space!
I thought the arm thing was fun, although it wasn't really explained how it knew things (like to look inside the Russian guy), or why it happened the way it did.
Actually a lot of things weren't explained. And a lot of things don't make sense...

The more I sit here and type about this movie the more frustrated I'm actually getting. haha

This is my least favorite of the 3 movies and almost feels like just a weak explanation to how the "Cloverfield Monsters" arrived.
Hopefully if they keep going with these that they start actually connecting more and make more sense.

Anybody else finish it yet? How did you feel about it?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Hmmm

I started liking it but then not sure. I like the idea behind it and how it’s all tying in but the execution was bad.

OK just finished.
Here are my spoiler filled thoughts:
I'm torn. This movie really felt like they took a cool idea. Then shot that movie... and then the studio thought... "hey, we could add in a Cloverfield connection" afterwards.
All the stuff that takes place on earth looks like it was shot WAY later and was never really part of the original film. I could be totally wrong. But thats the way I felt with it.
Knowing how long it took for this to be released, delay after delay... its making me think that it might be true.

Now putting that a side. I'm always a fan of Multi-dimension films. And this starts out pretty cool. But I just wish they had gone even further with it.
Do more trippy things of both universes occupying the same space!
I thought the arm thing was fun, although it wasn't really explained how it knew things (like to look inside the Russian guy), or why it happened the way it did.
Actually a lot of things weren't explained. And a lot of things don't make sense...

The more I sit here and type about this movie the more frustrated I'm actually getting. haha

This is my least favorite of the 3 movies and almost feels like just a weak explanation to how the "Cloverfield Monsters" arrived.
Hopefully if they keep going with these that they start actually connecting more and make more sense.

Anybody else finish it yet? How did you feel about it?

Well your pretty much right

Like 10 cloverfield lane the cast had no idea it was a cloverfield film when filming and it was never intended either. This was shot in 2016 and after struggling to market it, it got picked up and re written for additional scenes to be connected to Clovie. They went back and shot a few more scenes which I’m certain are the earth scenes. And renamed it.
But yeah I felt the same

Don’t get me wrong I liked the shadow part and the ending in the sky but I want more of that and clovie.
I do like the connecting twiglight zone standalone anthology style ideas but I was hoping for better with this.
The earth scenes felt really off though

I’m also assuming the worms become the space worms from 10cl. Like they go into another dimension etc and evolve or engineered into what we see in 10cl. Maybe a alien race which includes clovie and the clovie esque monster in 10cl but was really all created in that moment in this film but the dimension that clovie has come from is light years ahead causing a time travel kind of element. Only think that because clovie woke up when the Shepard thing kicks off and the hint of the worms but obviously them being normal sized. Also it questions that maybe 10cl is a alternate dimension and when this thing kicks off it’s a different threat/ monster every time. Maybe the space worms from 10cl happens on the planet where her family are still alive

I did like the weird trippy moments but like you said I wanted more of that. And yeah why did the hand know that?!? Lol. The wall part did look cool. Also no explanation why the ship was acting like final destination with trying to kill them all off

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and kaw
I pretty much agree with everything that's already been said in here... it started out decent, but then became a real mess.

Only mentioning this in here because it was the most recent cloverfield project but a proper cloverfield sequel is officially in the works. It won’t be found footage though. But It will be a sequel to the original film. Finally (found footage or not, I just hope it’s good)

@tridon @Noodles @kaw