The "Considering upgrading" & /4K Owners thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to ask questions or chat about any new 4K equipment you've purchased here.

Attachments

• uhd1.jpg
    uhd1.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
@Troll2Fan That's fu**ing awesome!!! :notworthy: :woot: Congrats buddy, ENJOY movie nights from now on! :thumbs:
popcorn2.gif

LOL! :p EPIC Pics!!! :cool: Especially the one of you laying on the floor! LMFAO! :rofl: :hilarious:

Nicely done bud! And cool t-shirt, too!

Thanks! @bloodsnake007 , movie nights should be sweet now! Wonder if I should put on some SPF60 and wear shades?? :D

@Scott7 , thanks buddy and a huge thanks for taking the time to read through my multiple PMs of updates and asking for your input. It's been greatly appreciated. :) Your input helped a lot toward some of my purchases. ;)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
The TV, equipment and my 7.2 system were installed today. Haven't had the chance to test the native 4k movies downloaded on Samsung's UHD drive, but I'll let you know what I think once I do. We just put Avatar 3D in to test the 3D on the set.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412997533.676055.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412997556.217337.jpg

@MGD @Scott7 @bloodsnake007 @earthscope @harry @digitalbabe

Last edited:
Very nice buddy! :thumbs::woot:

I just joined the 4K brigade and pre ordered a 65" 4K OLED Panel. Now I have to tell the wife our bank account is RIP..........:ohno::rofl::LOL:
Will get it pro calibrated when it arrives next month....:watch::wow::D

Oh and don't turn that fire on too much or it will melt your panel....:ohno::naughty::rofl::arghh:

Very nice!! :thumbs: I wanted OLED, but they didn't have a large enough screen size for me.

LOL!! We don't use the fireplace at all buddy. ;)

Reactions: earthscope
I missed this one because of work but kind of happy. Already have Blufans on Order and have the Futureshop and Play.com. Space is becoming my biggest issue with steelbooks and my fiancé and I refuse to pay scalper prices ever again on tin cases. $55 with Shipping is already a ton. These will be 100 easy now and Id rather save cash for a 4k tv for when 4k releases start coming out.
Just my opinion-but I truly believe 4k is an uncomfortable temp purgatory between what most of us have now, and the next real plateau - 8k OLED.

Just my opinion-but I truly believe 4k is an uncomfortable temp purgatory between what most of us have now, and the next real plateau - 8k OLED.

I cannot argue with you but you know most of us will eventually semi adopt it anyway. Once we see the setup at Best Buy it's over. I already watch that dumb city line video and stare in awe. I love upgrading.

I cannot argue with you but you know most of us will eventually semi adopt it anyway. Once we see the setup at Best Buy it's over. I already watch that dumb city line video and stare in awe. I love upgrading.
oh, I get It!! I usually am THAT guy. The one who pays DOUBLE what everyone else will pay a year later cuz I have to get the cutting edge stuff! It is just something you gotta keep in check (at least I do). I got a Gorgeous 75 Flat screen 9 months ago- but I still STARE at the 100" in the store thinking "should I have waited for prices to come down?" It is a never ending race, chasing down tech!:D;)