The Croods (3D Blu-ray SteelBook with Lenticular) (Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]

Mar 29, 2013
Cologne, Germany
Release Date: {param} October 18th, 2013
Price: 29 Euro (@ Media Markt, thanks "MK50")
Buy Links:
Saturn.de
Mediamarkt.de
Group Buy: Click here

02.jpg

01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can't we get these great lenticulars in the UK? This is another one i'm going to have to grab as these are so nice, pricey but worth the money.

This film looks great from the trailers I have watched.

Shame I cant buy this as I do not have a 3D TV, usually a lot of these 3D steelbooks have a bluray copy as well.

I have a thread in the feedback section about a steelbook for this. It's been closed due to this announcement. :(

But honestly, in my opinion, this doesn't count. It's German. I want an English version (UK, CAD, USA), or at least a clean release like Blufans and KimchiDVD does.

Update: FanOfGaming saw my comment and has re-opened the thread. Many thanks :thumbs:

Last edited:
I'm starting to love these lenticulars. I already have a couple of them, the French Looper and British Life of Pi - I didn't cave in on the beautiful French Hobbit 3D lenticular because of the inevitable extended cut.

And this new lenticular will look great alongside the other FOX animated film of the year, Epic, of which I'm planning to purchase the lenticular steelbook :) (pre-order is up, and €22.99 for a lenticular steelbook featuring 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray and DVD is a pretty good deal).

The German writing is no bother at all. It is, after all, a German steelbook.

Reactions: frankfish44
Another Lenti from MM to get, I really hope no one else release Lenti-steels, don't want them to be flooded everywhere, it will loose the excitement & the extra factor if that ever happens, I'm more than happy to pay extra & import it from Germany, Zavvi let this be plz ;)

Reactions: frankfish44
Another Lenti from MM to get, I really hope no one else release Lenti-steels, don't want them to be flooded everywhere, it will loose the excitement & the extra factor if that ever happens, I'm more than happy to pay extra & import it from Germany, Zavvi let this be plz ;)

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

...and yet, I completely disagree. Germany is probably the last market I'd like to see as the only steelbook for any movie. I would much rather see Zavvi put out one of these. I have no interest in "Die Croods."

But I would love to see something in English with this as the front:

the-croods-poster02_zpsd59ba46d.jpg

Inside:

The-Croods-Movies-3D-for-Dekstop_zps121618c4.jpg

the-croods_1363847487_zps49d75668.jpg

Back:

The-Croods-wallpapers-6_zpse57a6c29.jpg

Just my take :)

Die Croods rules :scat: Life of Pi UK and Looper FS are the only non German lentil in my collection. Lenticulars are a German creation. I prefer German lenticular steelbooks as I have yet to see one lacking content. The biggest factor for me is always content and Germany always delivers. UK is iffy on content most of the time.

Monsters University UK release is only 2D. Monsters University DE release is 3D/2D :scat: and so have a host of other releases e.g. Thor, Finding Nemo, Captain America, Hansel & Gretel, Resident Evil retribution, I robot just to name a few

Besides it is being released for the German consumer so German title. I for one like German titles. Tells you where the release came from as is French titles on French steels. I don't mind foreign titles on my imports.

For this release, Germany all the way.

I love my Lenticulars. My brother is going to build me a shelf going around the top of my living room wall so I can accommodate all of the lenticuars. Plus they will be far out of reach from the kiddies.

I love my Lenticulars. My brother is going to build me a shelf going around the top of my living room wall so I can accommodate all of the lenticuars. Plus they will be far out of reach from the kiddies.

That's a little bit ironic since most of these lenticular releases are animated, what most would regard as kids' films. They're great though, keep them coming I say :scat:

...and yet, I completely disagree. Germany is probably the last market I'd like to see as the only steelbook for any movie. I would much rather see Zavvi put out one of these. I have no interest in "Die Croods."

But I would love to see something in English with this as the front:

the-croods-poster02_zpsd59ba46d.jpg

Inside:

The-Croods-Movies-3D-for-Dekstop_zps121618c4.jpg

the-croods_1363847487_zps49d75668.jpg

Back:

The-Croods-wallpapers-6_zpse57a6c29.jpg

Just my take :)

Zavvi will charge us £100 for all these colors front, back and inside. They already charge £15 for 2 colors - mainly black or white plus one more color. :naughty:

Reactions: Ricker