The Crow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Crow
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2500 Copies. Gloss Finish.

crow.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the one I've been waiting years for. Owned the UK VHS, then upgraded to the US DVD and finally the two-disc UK DVD. Been wanting a steelbook for ages and was tempted to get the German one a while back, but held off.

It's one of those no-brainers that doesn't even need any thought put into the design. A black case, with the Crow design & crimson logo on the front, and the "Believe in Angels" poster design on the back. Inside, I would love a colour photo from that photo-shoot Brandon did, topless with the guitar. Some of those pics are just amazing. Gloss would be the icing on the cake (or at the very least, spot gloss). It's that kind of movie that if you stick with the basics, you can't go wrong, but coming up with some pop-art poster like The Karate Kid would just feel so out of place.

Reactions: whysoserious?
Awesome! I've been patiently waiting for another steel version of this. Almost got the German one but glad I didn't now.

Can't wait to write a check for this one. :thumbs:

And the artwork you showed @MK50 would be excellent!

Reactions: MK50
It's funny how I just posted about wanting a Crow SteelBook a couple weeks ago in @mlmaier84's contest thread. Of course, for that contest, I had to also choose my ideal slipcover images in case it was picked up by an Asian retailer. Going off of the images I chose for that contest, this is what I'd like for Zavvi's Crow SteelBook:

One of these for the front...

rsz_1thecrow-fullslip-jpg.109275
rsz_thecrow-lenticular-jpg.109276
rsz_thecrow-front-jpg.109277

The inside...

rsz_1thecrow-inside-jpg.109280

And the back...

rsz_thecrow-back-jpg.109281

It's funny how I just posted about wanting a Crow SteelBook a couple weeks ago in @mlmaier84's contest thread. Of course, for that contest, I had to also choose my ideal slipcover images in case it was picked up by an Asian retailer. Going off of the images I chose for that contest, this is what I'd like for Zavvi's Crow SteelBook:

One of these for the front...

rsz_1thecrow-fullslip-jpg.109275
rsz_thecrow-lenticular-jpg.109276
rsz_thecrow-front-jpg.109277

The inside...

rsz_1thecrow-inside-jpg.109280

And the back...

rsz_thecrow-back-jpg.109281

love the inside and back art .. let's be more embossing imaginative for the front ;)

love the inside and back art .. let's be more embossing imaginative for the front ;)

Ideally, I'd take great cover art over something just okay that has embossing. It definitely needs to be something that's iconic to the film. I don't want them to screw around with Photoshop and give a cover that's Scream quality.

Reactions: spass and steel888