The Crow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Crow
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2500 Copies. Gloss Finish.

crow.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm being serious.

Most remakes pale in comparison to the originals, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street and The Omen (sticking with the horror theme). Some are purely diabolical, Psycho and The Wicker Man. Some are okay, The Wolfman, Friday the 13th and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Then there are those that surpass the original like The Thing and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

But as bad (and it really was bad) as the Nicolas Cage version of The Wicker Man was, in the UK we got a magnificent 3-disc version of Robin Hardy's classic on DVD. Thanks to The Wolfman, we got the US Legacy Edition of the Lon Chaney version and so on.

Besides, I'm not one of those who thinks that bad remakes devalue the originals. I love Psycho, The Wicker Man, Halloween, Planet of the Apes and The Evil Dead, but in no way does knowing (and indeed, seeing) later versions spoil my enjoyment of them, any more than Jaws: The Revenge, AvP2, Beverly Hills Cop III or The Howling VII ruin my enjoyment of the first parts of their franchises.

And, on-topic, The Crow is a great film. City of Angels, Salvation and Wicked Prayer were not.

Reactions: Wreck
With all this talk about a proper Crow Steelbook ,makes me wonder if you guys knew about the german steelbook which came out a few yrs ago ..great front art , printed back though , but thankfully no fsk logo .. got mine signed by Bai Ling.. i would be interested in seeing the zavvi version ..
This is the design I want, although for the Zavvi edition I'd prefer just the logo and crow emblem, none of those little emblems along the bottom. On the back I'd like the"Eric entering the church" poster - just black with a pillar of white and Brandon walking. Although, you have to be careful not to make him too tiny on the design.

Does EIV (the distributor for The Crow in the UK) have any other Blu Ray Steelbooks under their belts?

I fear they might make a disaster of this one. Hope they prove me wrong....

Does EIV (the distributor for The Crow in the UK) have any other Blu Ray Steelbooks under their belts?

There's a lot to go through:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Film_Distributors

Only a couple of steels jump out at me. Se7en (Canada, UK and Japan), Blade Trinity (Canada and Germany), Scream 4 (Germany) and of course, the LOTR trilogy. A fair few others on there.

EIV are pretty much the worst company in home entertainment. The chances are this will be their usual cheap junk.

There's a lot to go through:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Film_Distributors

Only a couple of steels jump out at me. Se7en (Canada, UK and Japan), Blade Trinity (Canada and Germany), Scream 4 (Germany) and of course, the LOTR trilogy. A fair few others on there.

I thought a lot of those titles you mention are WARNER releases????

Se7en was definitely part of the cheap Warner Premium Collection in the UK.

Don't remember a Canadian Blade Trinity either. Thought it was a German exclusive?????