The Crow (English text)

Do you want a SteelBook for THE CROW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's get this poll booming! Maybe I'll send it Choi's way if it gets high enough on the yes-scale so he can drop a recommendation off with Tony. ;)

Well sadly this is a definite no no in the UK. Entertainment in Video hold the distribution rights, so that means no remastered version or special features, lacklustre picture quality, no fancy slipcover and definitely no steelbook. Worst film distributer out there today IMO.

The US could get lucky, but I'm not depending on it, even if it does it will probably be region locked like the most recent release. :(

Well sadly this is a definite no no in the UK. Entertainment in Video hold the distribution rights, so that means no remastered version or special features, lacklustre picture quality, no fancy slipcover and definitely no steelbook. Worst film distributer out there today IMO.

The US could get lucky, but I'm not depending on it, even if it does it will probably be region locked like the most recent release. :(

It's a sad day when the original THX laserdisc has a better refined picture quality than the UK DVD and blu ray do! EIV are utter garbage, have been since the days of VHS when half the time the quality wasn't any better than a cheap pirate copy.

It's a sad day when the original THX laserdisc has a better refined picture quality than the UK DVD and blu ray do! EIV are utter garbage, have been since the days of VHS when half the time the quality wasn't any better than a cheap pirate copy.

I completely agree. I remember having to return my EiV VHS tapes to the supermarket a fair bit back in the day as the picture used to jump/scatter about all over the place. Their DVD releases had some of the worst cover artwork I've ever seen too. Seems to be an unrelenting pattern with them.

Oh and good morning :)

Reactions: psychoscot
I completely agree. I remember having to return my EiV VHS tapes to the supermarket a fair bit back in the day as the picture used to jump/scatter about all over the place. Their DVD releases had some of the worst cover artwork I've ever seen too. Seems to be an unrelenting pattern with them.

Oh and good morning :)

I finally went to bed lol

Yep totally agree, they have always been a budget company, producing inferior quality products. Bad picture and sound often coming out misplaced on one speaker!

Didn't surprise me that their blu rays are just as poor. I think LOTR's is probably the only exception where Jackson/NewLine monitored more heavily!

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I reckon we'll see a remastered version before the remake comes out, whenever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.