The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom Lenti, or Slip Destroyer?

I made a custom Lenti out of a spare Batman begins gift set. But, I draw the line, My Ninjas, when that mean I have to butcher up a perfectly good Lenti SlipCover. Maybe if I had an extra one in poor condition. I keep all my Lenti slips crispy in Polly bags...I'm sure some of u would love to take a scissor to these pretty baby's: a photo...EEK!:drool::ohno:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 378
Reactions: P0UNDLAND
^
I use 8.5 X 11 self adhesive magnetic sheets. They sell it in cheaper rolls also but i have found it is a bit thicker and the adhesive is not as sticky...and strangely enough although it is thicker it seems to have a weaker magnetic bond.

Most important step is making sure all of the adhesive that held the lenti to the slipcover is completely removed before applying the magnetic backing.

Here is the magnetic sheets I have been using...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KMLGDK/?tag=hidefnin-20

Worst part tough is each sheet is only good for one lenticular with a lot of waste. I use the extra for other projects and gifts though so it is not a big deal.

EDIT. I also learned an important lesson when making the Scrooged one. If the lenticular from the back clearly shows the color of the image from the front it might be a good idea to paint a thin white coat of paint over it before applying the magnet. The reason why is the dark color of the magnet actually showed through the front making the lenticular kinda dark and splotchy which is not a problem I had ever encountered before. It still looks okay but I wish is knew about this before sticking the magnet on.

Last edited:
jus seen this thread & i like Star Trek and T2 best :thumbs:

btw geek, u got any tips on makin these? ...like what type of magnets do u use to attach the card? and do u stick em on with glue? ect

- THanxs

I use this stuff (UK seller)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321166972573?var=510136523884&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

You can get two magnets from one A4 sheet

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Here's my second one (really hard to take a good photo of this one - this is the best I could do)

DSC06537.jpg