The Custom Lenticular and Art Cards thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi all, we added this thread, so you can showcase any customs you have made with lenticulars or other art cards. Please post them here, so our regular Steelbook threads stay focused on the title as released. No trading. Thanks!

::: Staff/Community Manager :::

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ex_Machina ''film arena Collection'' [with Additional Fan Made Art Cards]

I have to start by Saying that the FullSlip Package made by film arena with all the selected Bonus items as seen from the BeautyShot is superbly Done, one that is part of their Best so far from the ''film arena Collection''. All of the bonus items selected from the original Package really reflect very well the modern Clean look of the movie. All the elements as seen from the beautyshot blends very well together to make it such a great clean package. In hands, is of course even more beautiful :drool:

When I saw @Blu-devil his custom Art Work Card, it really got me inspired to also make my own Package by adding a few Custom Fan Made Art Cards myself(as I have been wanting to do something creative for so long). I just loved the blue of his card, I though it was a nice/different addition to the FAC Package. So I searched and searched and searched and found the Artwork he used that I totally loved(the blue one) and I also came across a more bold one, the Red one, that works very well with the dance scene in the movie which is just so sweet(Get Down Saturday Night) ! I also came upon the picture that was used by Mondo to make the ''figure of Ava'' on the clear plastic slip cover of the Mondo release which I think it is the best part of that whole Mondo release. So with a long time of searching I had found very selectively 3 Pictures that I wanted to Add to make myself a 2nd Version of the FAC Ex_Machina.

I thought that once I had the pictures selected it would be just a breeze to do, but it was more involving than I thought it would be, to simply make 3 Art Cards. I had to adjust the colors on the Red and Blue ''Art Cards'' as they were too bright and I wanted them to be more towards ''earthy tones'' as I still wanted them to blend in well within the Package even though they were bold colors added to it. After finally having adjusted to my satisfaction the color tones, I also changed the font for my 3 Art Cards to have a different one for the title ''Ex_Machina'' on each of the 3 ''Art Cards'' I added(to be a bit different than the ''font'' used by FA). The Mondo picture I just feel it should have been this one to have been selected as the ''fold in poster'' by FA in the Original Package/Release, so I just added the custom Title on the ''Art Card Silhouette'' Mondo one and added it as my 3rd Art Card to my own custom Package. The whole process was not as simple as I thought it would be. From the selecting pictures and making sure they go well together and adjusting the colors that was needed was tricky(it wasn't straight forward).

But I am VERY HAPPY with the final Look of my 3 ''Custom Art Cards'' added to have made a different look to the FAC Release. To have spiced it up ;) I am very Proud to share it with all you guys :emb:

EX CMA 1.jpg

EX CMA 2.jpg EX CMA 3.jpg EX CMA 4.jpg EX CMA 5.jpg EX CMA 6.jpg EX CMA 7.jpg

Attachments

• EX CMA 1.jpg
    EX CMA 1.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 199
  • EX CMA 2.jpg
    EX CMA 2.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 211
  • EX CMA 3.jpg
    EX CMA 3.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 190
  • EX CMA 4.jpg
    EX CMA 4.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 181
  • EX CMA 5.jpg
    EX CMA 5.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 181
  • EX CMA 6.jpg
    EX CMA 6.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 173
  • EX CMA 7.jpg
    EX CMA 7.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited by a moderator:

I have to start by Saying that the FullSlip Package made by film arena with all the selected Bonus items as seen from the BeautyShot is superbly Done, one that is part of their Best so far from the ''film arena Collection''. All of the bonus items selected from the original Package really reflect very well the modern Clean look of the movie. All the elements as seen from the beautyshot blends very well together to make it such a great clean package. In hands, is of course even more beautiful :drool:

When I saw @Blu-devil his custom Art Work Card, it really got me inspired to also make my own Package by adding a few Custom Fan Made Art Cards myself(as I have been wanting to do something creative for so long). I just loved the blue of his card, I though it was a nice/different addition to the FAC Package. So I searched and searched and searched and found the Artwork he used that I totally loved(the blue one) and I also came across a more bold one, the Red one, that works very well with the dance scene in the movie which is just so sweet(Get Down Saturday Night) ! I also came upon the picture that was used by Mondo to make the ''figure of Ava'' on the clear plastic slip cover of the Mondo release which I think it is the best part of that whole Mondo release. So with a long time of searching I had found very selectively 3 Pictures that I wanted to Add to make myself a 2nd Version of the FAC Ex_Machina.

I thought that once I had the pictures selected it would be just a breeze to do, but it was more involving than I thought it would be, to simply make 3 Art Cards. I had to adjust the colors on the Red and Blue ''Art Cards'' as they were too bright and I wanted them to be more towards ''earthy tones'' as I still wanted them to blend in well within the Package even though they were bold colors added to it. After finally having adjusted to my satisfaction the color tones, I also changed the font for my 3 Art Cards to have a different one for the title ''Ex_Machina'' on each of the 3 ''Art Cards'' I added(to be a bit different than the ''font'' used by FA). The Mondo picture I just feel it should have been this one to have been selected as the ''fold in poster'' by FA in the Original Package/Release, so I just added the custom Title on the ''Art Card Silhouette'' Mondo one and added it as my 3rd Art Card to my own custom Package. The whole process was not as simple as I thought it would be. From the selecting pictures and making sure they go well together and adjusting the colors that was needed was tricky(it wasn't straight forward).

But I am VERY HAPPY with the final Look of my 3 ''Custom Art Cards'' added to have made a different look to the FAC Release. To have spiced it up ;) I am very Proud to share it with all you guys :emb:

View attachment 201155

What sort of card sid you buy to print those?

Looks amazing!

View attachment 201155

They look awesome!!! You did a great job, I really like the artwork you chose.
1x of each to the uk please;):LOL::cigar: