Mondo The Dark Knight by Laurent Durieux

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
The Dark Knight by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 425. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60
Bat1.jpg

The Dark Knight (Variant) by Laurent Durieux. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $90
Bat2.jpg

Available 1/7 at Mondo

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an "OK" print. Has a few things going for it but not much else. I may or may not try for this one tomorrow.... might be one of those you need to see in person to better appreciate. If I must say so, LD's work has been on a decline for some time now IMO. What a LAZY variant like a lot of his other work these days.

This feels like an uninspired effort from Dureiux. The box buildings are architecturally boring to look at for taking up so much space on the print.
But then he's gone all out on the detail for grey rubble!

same, the rubble is awesome. reminds me of the bottom half of Kevin Tong's Wizard of Oz. So much detail .... but I almost wonder with a diff background that this poster might be more appealing. Its a good poster, but just lacks something for me. It's got that iconic theme to it ... which LD does all the time. However I think if there was a Joker take in an iconic way it might have been more appealing for me. Like him standing in the street waiting for Batman