CANADA

UK

JAPAN

NORWAY

CZECH REPUBLIC

SWEDEN

GERMANY

ORIGINAL POST:
Mentioned in numerous articles on web, including at Movie Web, this set will be released in 2013 and may be different than other sets released this year (2012). No other details yet.

Per Movie Web and HDRoom:

"Warner Bros. Home Entertainment also plans to release The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition in 2013."

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else order this from Amazon UK and not had a dispatch email yet? Release day was yesterday but mine's still showing no movement. I don't mind not getting it on the day of release when I choose the free delivery option, but I at least expect it to be shipped on release day.

Anyone else order this from Amazon UK and not had a dispatch email yet? Release day was yesterday but mine's still showing no movement. I don't mind not getting it on the day of release when I choose the free delivery option, but I at least expect it to be shipped on release day.

I think Amazon is focusing on orders that have a rush delivery first. After those are done then Amazon will send out the orders that have free shipping. That's my guess. :)

Strange that, I got the email saying it was dispatched and I also got it on release day with the free delivery option.

Noodles I was getting a bit annoyed about that to mate. Checked it when I got home from work and still hadn't dispatched. Just got an email 2 minutes ago saying its on its way :)

I think Amazon is focusing on orders that have a rush delivery first. After those are done then Amazon will send out the orders that have free shipping. That's my guess. :)
That makes sense and is pretty much what I always imagined they do anyway. My main concern is that these delays are becoming a very common thing with Amazon UK it seems, which sucks.

Strange that, I got the email saying it was dispatched and I also got it on release day with the free delivery option.
Lucky sod! Glad to hear yours arrived quickly. That's why I asked though... I noticed quite a few people seemed to have received there's already, while mine hasn't even moved from "not yet dispatched".

Noodles I was getting a bit annoyed about that to mate. Checked it when I got home from work and still hadn't dispatched. Just got an email 2 minutes ago saying its on its way :)
Ah, good to know I wasn't the only one then. There's still no change to the status of mine, but hopefully it'll start it's journey sometime tomorrow. Enjoy your set mate!

Reactions: Scott
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Ultimate Re-Purchaser's Edition) [Worldwide]

Prove you are the ultimate re-purchaser with this set.

Mine was finally dispatched today with a few other items. I should've realised it sooner really, as the same happened a couple of months ago... if they notice that you have a few preorders that are due for release around the same time (even if they're weeks apart), then they'll wait until they're all released and ship them together. This is obviously to save on shipping costs, but if retailers like Zavvi etc can afford to ship items separately, then surely the biggest online retailer of them all (Amazon) can too. I personally find it pretty cheeky and unprofessional to be honest.

Reactions: MikeWalsh
Mine was finally dispatched today with a few other items. I should've realised it sooner really, as the same happened a couple of months ago... if they notice that you have a few preorders that are due for release around the same time (even if they're weeks apart), then they'll wait until they're all released and ship them together. This is obviously to save on shipping costs, but if retailers like Zavvi etc can afford to ship items separately, then surely the biggest online retailer of them all (Amazon) can too. I personally find it pretty cheeky and unprofessional to be honest.

i believe during checkout, amazon always asks "Group my items into as few shipments as possible OR I want my items faster, Ship items as they become available. "

I had the same issue you had and found out i get what i paid for with shipping cost and if you want the items faster and not grouped, they charge you more

i believe during checkout, amazon always asks "Group my items into as few shipments as possible OR I want my items faster, Ship items as they become available. "

I had the same issue you had and found out i get what i paid for with shipping cost and if you want the items faster and not grouped, they charge you more

You are right but I have also found them doing what Noodles said. I ordered 2 different items and one was in stock but taking a good while to dispatch. They sent it with another order I had that was due, i had to wait 5 days longer than normal so they could ship them together to save costs. To be fair though this has only happened a couple of times to me.

The "I want my items faster" option is always automatically selected for me anyway, which is partly the reason why the whole situation has annoyed me slightly, because they're basically ignoring it. But, oh well... I'm just thankful the items arrived (they came today) in perfect condition! :D

You are right but I have also found them doing what Noodles said. I ordered 2 different items and one was in stock but taking a good while to dispatch. They sent it with another order I had that was due, i had to wait 5 days longer than normal so they could ship them together to save costs. To be fair though this has only happened a couple of times to me.
Looking back through my orders I now realise this is the third time in the past couple of months that they've done it to me... only I wasnt really aware of it the second time because I was in hospital and too busy worrying about other things.

PS. I like this set even more now I have it in hand, but something about it has me confused... is the disc art on ALL of the discs supposed to line up with the art behind (in the book)? Because my first disc for Begins does, but the rest are no where close to matching the artwork. So I'm just wondering if this is the same for everyone, or if I just got unlucky. :ohno:

No mate, I'm the same my begins lines up but the discs for TDK just say ha ha all over it not matching up with the joker at all. Rises is just the 2 plain black discs which are ruined by ratings logos and other text

Reactions: Noodles
Yep that's the biggest problem with the UK set, the US version just has plain coloured discs with no ratings or anything so matches the art in the box perfectly :(

Damn, that sucks big time and makes no sense at all. Thanks for confirming though guys.