The Deer Hunter - 40th An. Collectors Edition (4K/2D) [UK]

• Hello Guest, this site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To read more about how we use them, please visit this page
  • The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) takes effect on May 25th 2018! Read more about how it impacts you
Feb 28, 2018
Norway
Reactions
1,018 0 0
Release date: August 13, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom
Price: £30 (Amazon) - £29.99 ( Zavvi - Zoom) - £39.99 - (Hmv)
Note: Includes booklet and art cards

579FA108-0FA0-42BB-9278-2BFE2843E946.jpeg

139827B2-C1B9-474A-BA27-ED0A8A5DD03F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
179 0 0
I managed to order this for £15 this morning but looks like the price is back up to £30. May well have been a pricing error from Amazon. Of course I hope they honour the mistake...Wait and see I suppose.

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Reactions
28,868 0 0
I managed to order this for £15 this morning but looks like the price is back up to £30. May well have been a pricing error from Amazon. Of course I hope they honour the mistake...Wait and see I suppose.
Are you sure it wasn’t the standard edition. I know there is a similar edition without the 4K and extras that is £15.

Jun 14, 2017
Reactions
179 0 0
Are you sure it wasn’t the standard edition. I know there is a similar edition without the 4K and extras that is £15.
I've just checked and you are absolutely right. Got confused by the same cover and thought I might have snaffled a bargain as you sometimes can do with Amazon pricing mistakes. Never mind. Just cancelled that order and ordered the actual CE. Thanks for pointing that out. I might have carried on blissfully unaware until it turned up.

Sigill

Lead Steelbook Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Reactions
28,868 0 0
I've just checked and you are absolutely right. Got confused by the same cover and thought I might have snaffled a bargain as you sometimes can do with Amazon pricing mistakes. Never mind. Just cancelled that order and ordered the actual CE. Thanks for pointing that out. I might have carried on blissfully unaware until it turned up.
No worries, the covers are very similar. Glad you got it sorted.:)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Reactions
39,942 1 0
SPECIAL FEATURES AND TECHNICAL SPECS:
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION of the film
  • NEW Interview with critic and author David Thomson
  • Introduction by Mickey Rourke
  • 1979 ITV South Bank Show Interview with Michael Cimino
  • Realizing The Deer Hunter – interview with Michael Cimino
  • Shooting The Deer Hunter – interview with Vilmos Zsigmond
  • Playing The Deer Hunter – interview with John Savage
  • Michael Cimino Audio commentary
  • Vilmos Zsigmond & journalist Bob Fisher audio commentary
  • Deleted and extended scenes (including the Russian Roulette)
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION FOUR-DISC SET WILL INCLUDE THE TWO BLU-RAY DISCS AS ABOVE, THE FIRST 4K BLU-RAY RELEASE OF THE FILM, AND:
  • A 64-page booklet which includes:
    • Material written by Jay Glennie and adapted from his forthcoming numbered limited edition large format book One Shot: The Making of The Deer Hunter
    • An essay from David Jenkins, Editor of Little White Lies
    • Pages from the original 1978 press book
  • A 72-page script of early incarnation of the script entitled 'The Man Who Came to Play' by Louis Garfinkle and Quinn K. Redeker
  • Five exclusive collectible Artcards