10967773-1402316001-397038.jpg

10967773-1402316001-397087.jpg

10967773-1402316001-397053.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 291
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics guys. The matte finish seems to work for this steel.

Agreed. The colours look muted and dusty which is part of the artists work. A coat of gloss would just take away the impact of the art imo.
I agree with you guys... just received mine and like with the There Will Be Blood steelbook, a matte finish definitely suits this style of artwork. Pretty nice steel overall imo. :)

Reactions: vurt
Great! Mine has just arrived. I thought the description said there would be a booklet included:(
They most likely just copied and pasted the description from
The Deer Hunter - Limited Digibook (Studio Canal Collection) Blu-ray

All of the extras content will be the same except the booklet and packaging

They most likely just copied and pasted the description from
The Deer Hunter - Limited Digibook (Studio Canal Collection) Blu-ray

All of the extras content will be the same except the booklet and packaging
I did wonder that, but still, slightly disappointed...:(

Last edited:
I believe a gloss finish would enhance this artwork a lot, but this matte isn't bad.

Can't decide whether or not I like this; as soon as it went up for pre order I made sure I got in there and ordered...As well as being an incredible movie (goes without saying) the biggest criteria on a steelbook for me is having exclusive artwork.
This release ticks that box (although I'm still on the fence whether or not I truly like the design) this would of been one steelbook where I would of happily seen the original DVD artwork used- The image of De Niro with the gun to his head is iconic, would of looked great with the right finish/nice back artwork.

I received a couple of these the other day with slices across the opening (opposite the spine where they are usually cut). Got replacements this morning, also cut. Everybody should take a closer look at theirs & inspect them thoroughly!

Last edited:
No booklet then.. this is an easy pass. As is 'The Elephant Man', 'Mulholland Drive', 'The Graduate' and 'The Third Man'. All from the previous wave of Studio Canal digipack releases (2009 i think). All of which had booklets.

My personal preference of course.