Release date: May 18th, 2015
Purchase link: The Departed
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 copies.

11037430-1419955988-793961.jpg

11037430-1274294026919122.JPG

11037430-7304294026899637.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Repeating the cover art inside is a bit lazy, but can't complain about the finish. It looks absolutely stunning in hand. This and Desperado, my last two steels from Zavvi and love them both.

Reactions: virkia
Up for £12.99 on Zavvi

Bit cheeky seeing it's only just been released[emoji19]

they did have an offer a while back where you could get this and gangs of new york the 2 for £12 and i ummed and errered at the time cos money was tight and zavvi had been producing alot of matte finishes and left it. seeing the steels now im gutted i didnt take that offer at the time.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Steelselecta
they did have an offer a while back where you could get this and gangs of new york the 2 for £12 and i ummed and errered at the time cos money was tight and zavvi had been producing alot of matte finishes and left it. seeing the steels now im gutted i didnt take that offer at the time.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. I was thinking the same. I wasn't too sure with the standard artwork, and preferred the Canadian gun shot version that I've got. But after seeing the in hand pics, I have changed my mind. Pity as I can't get this until pay day as unfortunetly I need to feed the kids!!
Mind you the missus has just gone out to pick them up from a party............. I wonder if she left her purse here!![emoji38]

I think it was 2 for £30 as I cancelled my order with that promotion. The early bird pre-order, no good came of that. :arghh:

Up for £12.99 on Zavvi

Bit cheeky seeing it's only just been released[emoji19]
Just shows the utter contempt zavvi is showing to all those who pre-ordered, it's like being given the middle finger :squint:. Just goes to show that it is pointless pre-ordering anything, as this sort of thing is almost guaranteed these days.

Still, £12.99 is still £3 too expensive, should be £9.99 for such catalogue titles.

just ordered this and gangs of new york using code BANK10 works out £23.38 for the pair, so £11.69 each its only the gloss finish on this that has made me bite if i'm honest.
it may go down to £9.99 in bit of time i but don't see it much lower tbh so not going to argue over £1.70.

anyway glad i held out knew this was never going to stay at £16.99 same old zavvi tactics :rolleyes:

codes list here for bank holiday from db
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/sales-notice-bank-holiday-codes-zavvi.65912/

these Entertainment In Video steels just scream cheap and tacky to me. i have the crow steel and the finish is completely no frills. this departed looks exactly the same. im betting dredd will look the same too. its like they decided to do whatever was cheapest. the copy/paste of front art on the inside in black and white was probably another cost cutting exercise too.

i dont know what the actual video quality is like for this film, but the crow literally looks like they put dvd files on a bluray disk. im hearing the dredd transfer is appalling too, so wondering if this is something that affects all Entertainment In Video releases? the whole package is poor, like the happy shopper of steelbooks
HappyShopper.jpg

Is it my imagination or is the 'The Departed' on the front of this slightly wonky? The one I got seems to slope slightly downwards left to right. Not overly impressed. Covered in tiny scratches too, so back it goes.

Just to prove that the quality of this Steelbooks is indeed better than most standard Steelbooks I conducted the Pepsi Challenge between this edition of The Departed and the Canadian (Gun) edition.
Zavvi= 155g/ w disc 171g
Canadian= 139g/ w disc 155g
Same goes for The Crow.
So fear not, the Zavvi edition of Dredd will be top notch quality.