The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the Disney O-Ring Slip Covers that they brought out. Think it could be nice to see someone recreate them as steelbooks. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zavvi exclusives, but think these could be really nice in a high gloss steelbook finish:

Disney O-Ring.jpg

Not sure what would go on the back, perhaps the villain edition of the slipcovers, so Wreck-It Ralph would use these two images:

Front:
Hero.jpg

Back:
Villain.jpg

A similar background colour on both front and back would be better though! I would put the images on a steelbook template but I tried before and COMPLETELY failed...

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
I got one from Zavvi - Sleeping Beauty Steelbook received last month
" 7 NICKCRT4IW" try it . If it works may be I ca get some more from the one I received a few months ago.

It would appear someone used it already. Pretty dissappointing considering that I'm the one that asked for it. @Jobby Thanks for your generosity anyway. If you have any more, please PM the codes. Appreciate it!

And once again, Zavvi won't spread them out.

Well then, they're gonna be done with the remaining Theatrical Animated Classics that already have a UK Blu Ray release already by the end of the year, mark my words....

Apparently the reason we didnt get the most recent Pooh movie on Blu Ray was because Disney UK felt there was no market/money to be made on it, so I would not give your hopes up sadly. :/

I'd be surprised if that was the line if thinking,winnie the pooh merchandise is a huge seller for disney,there's probably another reason for them holding it back.
When I see the likes of Brother Bear and thenEmperors new groove getting a release I can console myself with the fact I'll save money and if sword in the stone hasn't been remastered I doubt I'll get that either.

I'd be surprised if that was the line if thinking,winnie the pooh merchandise is a huge seller for disney,there's probably another reason for them holding it back.
When I see the likes of Brother Bear and thenEmperors new groove getting a release I can console myself with the fact I'll save money and if sword in the stone hasn't been remastered I doubt I'll get that either.

Well, it's true to say that Winnie the Pooh underperformed at the UK cinema which was why it wasn't given the 'classics' status when it came time for a home video release.

With DVD sales declining, and blu-ray sales always being lower than hoped, it's no wonder Disney aren't bothering with a load of releases. They don't even put out many of their Marvel titles which you'd think would sell. Where's Ultimate Spider-Man seasons 2 and 3, or Hulk and the Agents of SMASH or Captain America/Iron Man?

All we're getting now is constant re-releases in steelbooks or shiny covers. I'd love for Disney at the very least to finish off their classics on Blu-ray, but whether or not they will, who knows?

Looks like you called it buddy :)

Genuinely thought they would go with Princess and The Frog and Lilo & Stitch before the three announced that they've selected…
I'm actually okay with it though.

Looks like your list has been shortened by three ;)
Looks like these are what's potential left to be released first if we go by the ALK theory:

Oliver and Co.
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
Lilo and Stitch
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Princess and the Frog

For me personally, I don't even keep the JCards on them and decide what is part of the Disney collection, to me Big Hero Six is part of this collection and Mary Poppins isn't (just seems out of place).

I wonder if they'll ever work on these when the above are released:

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun & Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Black Cauldron
Basil, the Great Mouse Detective
The Rescuers Down Under
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range

Me personally, I'd be happy if they just did a select few from the above and skipped some, but then I wonder what's the point in missing out some at all! Like you said, there are many cheapquels that they could do too, but I'd rather them mostly not bother with that!

Why does everyone keep hoping the next 2 are films that havent had a normal UK Blu Ray yet?

The only remaining current titles that have UK Blu Rays as far as I'm aware are;

Oliver and Co.
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
Lilo and Stitch
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Princess and the Frog

This not counting Cheapquels, live action, films based on TV cartoon shows, stuff like Planes 2, etc. Could be more if they add those by as far as the Theatrical Animated Classics line, those are the only 11 we could be getting as far as I'm aware and whether Disney UK start bringing the likes of the Rescuers Down Under and other on Blu Ray VERY soon.....

Reactions: ALK
I think perhaps one thing Zavvi should try for, is a Blu-ray exclusive.

Winnie the Pooh for example. Let them be the only UK retailer to offer it, both in a standard amaray and their usual 3000K steelbook print-run. Once all the sales have been totted up, they can decide whether or not to try it again. At the very least, you'd think with their relationship with Disney, they might at least be able to get an exclusive window of 3 months for the amaray release, like Target and Walmart do with some of their titles.

I think perhaps one thing Zavvi should try for, is a Blu-ray exclusive.

Winnie the Pooh for example. Let them be the only UK retailer to offer it, both in a standard amaray and their usual 3000K steelbook print-run. Once all the sales have been totted up, they can decide whether or not to try it again. At the very least, you'd think with their relationship with Disney, they might at least be able to get an exclusive window of 3 months for the amaray release, like Target and Walmart do with some of their titles.

Zavvi have released a few in this manner already e.g. Dick Tracy, Good Morning Vietnam, The Rocketeer and probably more that I can't recall at the moment.

Well, it's true to say that Winnie the Pooh underperformed at the UK cinema which was why it wasn't given the 'classics' status when it came time for a home video release.

With DVD sales declining, and blu-ray sales always being lower than hoped, it's no wonder Disney aren't bothering with a load of releases. They don't even put out many of their Marvel titles which you'd think would sell. Where's Ultimate Spider-Man seasons 2 and 3, or Hulk and the Agents of SMASH or Captain America/Iron Man?

All we're getting now is constant re-releases in steelbooks or shiny covers. I'd love for Disney at the very least to finish off their classics on Blu-ray, but whether or not they will, who knows?
Well, I would of thought it would be because of the target audience being mostly pre-schoolers, as they would not be old enough to care about HD picture and sound like most of us are and parents opting to go with the cheaper DVD. Not a problem in a big country like the US but a smaller one island like the UK? Not to mention would there been 1000 of us, let alone 3000 of us willing to throw 20 notes on a Pooh Steelbook for that matter?

Looks like you called it buddy :)

Genuinely thought they would go with Princess and The Frog and Lilo & Stitch before the three announced that they've selected…
I'm actually okay with it though.

Looks like your list has been shortened by three ;)
Looks like these are what's potential left to be released first if we go by the ALK theory:

Oliver and Co.
Fantasia 2000
Dinosaur
Lilo and Stitch
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Princess and the Frog

For me personally, I don't even keep the JCards on them and decide what is part of the Disney collection, to me Big Hero Six is part of this collection and Mary Poppins isn't (just seems out of place).

I wonder if they'll ever work on these when the above are released:

Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun & Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
The Black Cauldron
Basil, the Great Mouse Detective
The Rescuers Down Under
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Planet
Home on the Range

Me personally, I'd be happy if they just did a select few from the above and skipped some, but then I wonder what's the point in missing out some at all! Like you said, there are many cheapquels that they could do too, but I'd rather them mostly not bother with that!
Yeah, I'd imagine they'll probably get Robinsons, Dinosaur and Chicken Little out the way next so they can end the line with a bit of a bang just like last year when the line "ended" with the likes of Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

The package films would be a stretch, as even if you released those at a budget price you'd still have other costs to making them into UK Blus, let alone Steelbooks, but the rest of them bar Pooh and Black Cauldron (Pooh I explained and Caulden doesnt have a Blu Ray anywhere as far as I know...) would more then have no excuse to bring over here on Blu Ray then an eventual Steelbook.