The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'm sure plenty of you will have just received that email from Zavvi about an upcoming Disney Steelbook this Saturday.

INCOMING DISNEY STEELBOOK
BE THE FIRST TO BE NOTIFIED

We take pride in giving our steelbook customers a chance to avoid the stampede for the upcoming lenticular releases due this Saturday. You will be laughing like a hyena with your VIP early SMS access!

Simply enter your details to be notified 30 mins before email notifications.

It's clearly Lion King related. Lenti release of the Lion King? Although it does say "releases', plural. Anyone got any thoughts?
appreciate the heads up but re-releases of re-releases (this is at least the 4th WW steel of this movie, 2nd for UK) is of no interest.

hope they dont go the greedy route with the Classics when there are so many holes and missing titles from the line up as it is

Glad I'm not a big fan of lentis, because it means I can skip those without caring too much. I'm pretty happy with the Disney classics they released on steel anyway, as I now have all the titles I really wanted... so if they have indeed done with this collection, then fair dos. :)
am a pretty big fan of lenti's and Disney....but despite magnets (I own 2 - Hunger Games set and Titanic) and am not overly impressed with those, especially the inside border magnets ie Titantic (and am a Titanic nut...not just the movie, visited the H&W Docks/shipyard in Belfast a couple years back)

Zavvi's been doing slipcovers lately, so maybe this is their entry into lenticular slipcovers? I'd be more interested in that than in magnets, which seem to have no purpose. As for the steels themselves, it'll be nice to pick up a couple titles I missed from before I got into the hobby (including The Lion King), but I can't imagine double-dipping, even for my most favorite titles.

EDIT: Never mind--now I see the post for the steelbook itself. 1/4 slip, so I suppose lenticular magnet, not a lenti slipcover.

Last edited:
Why do this? It's a real FU to people who paid silly amounts for the originals? are they going to do this with all of them? :(
Or...it's a lesson to people not to pay silly amounts for a title that's inevitably going to be re-released every now and then until the end of time? :)

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
Or...it's a lesson to people not to pay silly amounts for a title that's inevitably going to be re-released every now and then until the end of time? :)

You have great patience that many don't have. Have you ever purchased a collectible item and paid more than the original retail cost out of interest? Or have you always waited for a re-release?

Reactions: Bruckle and Flash
I was hoping they wouldn't do this, at least not until they finish the original steelbook line.
As much as I adore the Lion King, it's too soon for a re-release.
How about giving us The Black Cauldron first? Or Bolt? Or The Many Adevntures of Winnie the Pooh?
Or at least announce an unreleased title alongside the new lenticular re-release(s).
Zavvi / Disney - you did a great job with the classics steelbook line - finish it!

Reactions: Flash
You have great patience that many don't have. Have you ever purchased a collectible item and paid more than the original retail cost out of interest? Or have you always waited for a re-release?
I haven't even done it out of lack of interest. ;) No, I wouldn't pay more than retail for a steelbook.There are some out-of-print steelbooks I'd enjoy adding to my collection. But a lot of them will be released again someday. (Is there any way that something like Metropolis or 2001 isn't going to be re-released every so often?) And if something isn't ever re-released . . . I can handle that. Besides, the new releases are appearing so fast and furious lately, it's as much as my budget can handle just deciding which things I'll buy at retail.

Reactions: Steeler

Exactly. A lot of people here have been around long enough to know how this game works so it really shouldn't be a surprise.

Reactions: Flloydo
I've purchased them once and don't plan on buying them again. All I want is the other missing titles like Song of the South... (I know that really would be something but I suspect there's more chance of winning the lottery than seeing than one on the shelves)

I've just left the below comment on Zavvi's facebook page (see their 15th October post announcing The Lion King lenticular steelbook). Thought I'd let everyone know in case they want to comment / like / add fuel to the fire :)

Dear Zavvi,

I'm delighted to see that you are breathing new life into the Disney classics SteelBook line! This collection has had consistently high standards, with carefully chosen artworks enhanced by gloss finishes and well-judged embossing. Some of the best SteelBooks on the market in my opinion, as the films so rightly deserve!

Almost a year after the last Disney classic was announced on SteelBook (Treasure Planet), I was beginning to worry that this collection had come to a premature end, so it’s GREAT to see a new release – and especially one that many collectors weren’t able to snag the first time around (who doesn’t love The Lion King?)

I sincerely hope that this new wave of re-releases (which includes a nice lenticular edition of Finding Nemo), might also include some of the unreleased classics that haven’t yet been given the SteelBook treatment. It would be such a shame if the collection was left incomplete when there are still so many sought-after titles. The fan demand for premium editions of Lilo & Stitch or Bolt (for example) should ensure profitable sales for Disney and I imagine both would be rapid sell-outs. Personally, I would love nothing more than to see a SteelBook releases for The Black Cauldron, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Oliver & Co.

I understand why Disney have held off on these titles so far. Sales would inevitable be slower than for their most popular classics (this lenticular re-release of The Lion King sold out in just three days!) I don’t claim to know the business side of things but it does seem plausible that a small print run (e.g. 1000 copies) for the lesser-known classics would still be profitable if sold at the usual price point - appreciating of course that SteelBooks are more expensive to produce than Amarays, and probably even more expensive for smaller print runs. However, the opportunity to complete the collection may actually boost sales, since fans are often put off if they know they won’t end up with a matching set. With this new wave of lenticular re-releases, there will also be new customers jumping on board, many of whom will be looking to collect them all (including possibly buying titles they wouldn’t otherwise to avoid gaps).

I would love it if you would share this feedback with Disney. I know they can never be influenced by the whims of one fan, but they might be interested in the collective voice of the SteelBook community – a recent poll showing the demand for unreleased titles in the Disney classics SteelBook line can be viewed here: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...isney-pixar-steelbook-collection.60825/page-7

Whatever happens with this collection, I would like to congratulate both Zavvi and Disney for one of the best-produced SteelBook sets the market has seen. The Disney collection is a real treat, and I hope it is given the chance to live on!

Yours sincerely,

A Disney / SteelBook nerd.

I've just left the below comment on Zavvi's facebook page (see their 15th October post announcing The Lion King lenticular steelbook). Thought I'd let everyone know in case they want to comment / like / add fuel to the fire :)

Dear Zavvi,

I'm delighted to see that you are breathing new life into the Disney classics SteelBook line! This collection has had consistently high standards, with carefully chosen artworks enhanced by gloss finishes and well-judged embossing. Some of the best SteelBooks on the market in my opinion, as the films so rightly deserve!

Almost a year after the last Disney classic was announced on SteelBook (Treasure Planet), I was beginning to worry that this collection had come to a premature end, so it’s GREAT to see a new release – and especially one that many collectors weren’t able to snag the first time around (who doesn’t love The Lion King?)

I sincerely hope that this new wave of re-releases (which includes a nice lenticular edition of Finding Nemo), might also include some of the unreleased classics that haven’t yet been given the SteelBook treatment. It would be such a shame if the collection was left incomplete when there are still so many sought-after titles. The fan demand for premium editions of Lilo & Stitch or Bolt (for example) should ensure profitable sales for Disney and I imagine both would be rapid sell-outs. Personally, I would love nothing more than to see a SteelBook releases for The Black Cauldron, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Oliver & Co.

I understand why Disney have held off on these titles so far. Sales would inevitable be slower than for their most popular classics (this lenticular re-release of The Lion King sold out in just three days!) I don’t claim to know the business side of things but it does seem plausible that a small print run (e.g. 1000 copies) for the lesser-known classics would still be profitable if sold at the usual price point - appreciating of course that SteelBooks are more expensive to produce than Amarays, and probably even more expensive for smaller print runs. However, the opportunity to complete the collection may actually boost sales, since fans are often put off if they know they won’t end up with a matching set. With this new wave of lenticular re-releases, there will also be new customers jumping on board, many of whom will be looking to collect them all (including possibly buying titles they wouldn’t otherwise to avoid gaps).

I would love it if you would share this feedback with Disney. I know they can never be influenced by the whims of one fan, but they might be interested in the collective voice of the SteelBook community – a recent poll showing the demand for unreleased titles in the Disney classics SteelBook line can be viewed here: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...isney-pixar-steelbook-collection.60825/page-7

Whatever happens with this collection, I would like to congratulate both Zavvi and Disney for one of the best-produced SteelBook sets the market has seen. The Disney collection is a real treat, and I hope it is given the chance to live on!

Yours sincerely,

A Disney / SteelBook nerd.

You read my mind!! Don't forget Atlantis...

• Thanks
Reactions: ta0151
All those re-releases with lenticular cover says "greed" to me. If they want to give the collectors options, then why are they not bringing out 2 versions, say, of Finding Dory. If they care about the buying public,give them a choice if its not financial motivation. Normal version for people that have been collecting them and lenticular for people just starting out and with a new numbered lenticular collection. They won't, as they want people to buy both to complete their collections. The enjoyment is going out of it for me now. Sorry.