Zavvi The Elm Street Group - Freddy's Greatest Hits (Zavvi Exclusive) (Freddy Green Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 15th , 2017
Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 200

11602586-3874531978017897.jpg

Last edited:
The Elm Street Group (Featuring Robert Englund) - Freddy's Greatest Hits A Nightmare On Elm Street. Zavvi Exclusive Limited to 200 Units

Strange Disc Records presents ‘Freddy’s Greatest Hits’ performed by ‘The Elm Street Group’ & featuring Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger.
Originally released in 1987 at the height of the ‘Freddy’ craze (Freddy already had three movies under his belt, and a fourth on the way. Even by then, he was a veritable pop icon, as Americana as hot dogs). This record contains nine tracks, a mix of covers (from the likes of ‘Wilson Pickett’, ‘The Everly Brothers’ & ‘Sam the Sham and The Pharaohs’) and original songs and instrumentals.

The album is everything you except it to be: screaming 80's drum machines & distortion filled electric guitars being drowned out by synthesizers. Over the top of these songs is Robert Englund doing the voice (and manic laugh) of Freddy Kruger. The actual music-making was done by the “Elm Street Group”, who were actually much respected studio musicians working for RIC records. Featuring artists like ‘Kevin Kelly’ & ‘Alan Brewer’ who both contributed to Rick Wakeman’s soundtrack for ‘The Burning’.

This audible oddity can be called the ultimate ‘novelty’ album, mostly ignored upon the time of its release and now ironically fetching big $$$ on the second hand market, this album makes the percect ‘guilty pleasure’ gift for the Holiday season. For ‘Nightmare On Elm Street’ collectors, Freddy fanatics or lovers of everything oddball.

Available as a limited color vinyl variant (#200 copies Freddy Green vinyl) exclusively available from Zavvi.

Track listing:

Side A
1.Do The Freddy
2.Dance Or Else
3.In The Midnight Hour
4.Don’t Sleep

Side B
5.All I Have To Do Is Dream
6.Obsession
7.Wooly Bully
8.Down In The Boiler Room
9.Elm Street Dreams

Features:

• Originally released in 1987, now back available on vinyl
  • Featuring Robert Englund as the voice of ‘Freddy'
  • Color Vinyl variant (#200 units) on Freddy Green Vinyl

Link doesnt work
It's been removed from the website

I cancelled my order but It's still listed in my order history under cancelled orders
Screenshot (40).png

You are not missing out on much :rofl:
It's a crap album in terms of music content :LOL:

It's a collectors item not a release you be listening to often if at all :rofl:

Last edited:
snagged one and missed green/red stripes version on Transmission web.
It's now sold out with Zavvi

Enjoy the one listen of the Vinyl as I doubt you will be going for repeat plays of the vinyl :LOL::rofl:

It's a release you get purely as a collectors item it's not for it's music content pleasure :hilarious: