The Expendables 3 - In theaters August 15, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
IMDB

From Sylvester Stallone FB:
We are preparing the film with the same passion and commitment as the previous two. We have confirmed Nicolas Cage, a master actor who gives a veneer intellectual group. Hopefully we can realize to Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes and Mickey Rourke. That is the great mission of the producer.

We will continue with the same narrative scheme, the agility and the frenzy, which are inherent to the saga. What will definitely be the last? I can not guarantee. In principle it would be two deliveries, but the affection of the people encouraged us to work on a third. I guess as long as we amused ourselves by offering fun and people, we can continue playing 'The Expendables'. For now we are not as expendable as it should and as some critics want.

A 3rd??? Hum... why not...

Teaser trailer:
[media=youtube]OuXkXJ1fPuk[/media]

Attachments

• b458736558d8cd6f57c92639b7227d87.jpg
    b458736558d8cd6f57c92639b7227d87.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen part 3 yet but.....

I just rewatched Ex 1 DC and noticed something on the Famous Sly , Arnold and Bruce scene. Barney tells Church that He and Trench used to be on the same team together. Also at the beginning of the credits, when they are in the plane. It shows many dogs tags with different names, possibly fallen Members from before? A Prequel with Stallone, Arnold and Gibson as the main characters would be awesome! Anyone else think that would make a great Prequel?

I haven't seen part 3 yet but.....

I just rewatched Ex 1 DC and noticed something on the Famous Sly , Arnold and Bruce scene. Barney tells Church that He and Trench used to be on the same team together. Also at the beginning of the credits, when they are in the plane. It shows many dogs tags with different names, possibly fallen Members from before? A Prequel with Stallone, Arnold and Gibson as the main characters would be awesome! Anyone else think that would make a great Prequel?
I agree. And that actually does factor in to part 3.

Well I just finished watching EX 3 and I did enjoy it. Could it have been better? Yes it could have but I liked it for what it was. Maybe we will get an Extended and Unrated Cut for Blu ray.

I like the way Stallone threw a Jab at everyone saying that they are to old to keep doing this. That it's a new Generation and the old ones need to stop. But you can't keep an old Soldier down :D If and I mean IF there's is a part 4, they should just stick to the old school Expendables and just mention that the new crew is out doing there own thing.

OK, so watched this yesterday. To sum it up, easily the worst of the three but still good fun especially the last 30 mins.

I'll put everything else in spoilers now -

Started off nicely but you soon learn that the main cast are taking the back seat allowing the 'younger' crew to take centre stage which really ruined the film for me. However, the additions of Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas were simply superb and honestly saved the film for me. Mel Gibson, just like Jean-Claude Van Damme, was a fantastic villain. Banderas was great as the more comedic element, but seeing him get stuck in to some fighting was great, as were Kelsey Grammer and Harrison Ford who was a nice replacement for Bruce greedy-bastard Willis! Jet Li makes a 5 minute wasted appearance with no fist fighting which was a huge shame but Arnold was good getting a couple of one-liners in which made me laugh. What was lacking however, was the chemistry from the crew..... there was very little banter that we were used to from the first two movies. You can still tell the guys had a good time making the movie, but the biggest mistake for me was letting the old crew taking a step back to let the new younger crew in. There was no chemistry there, I couldn't give a **** about any of them. As soon as the old crew came back my interest came back and it was a blast. The last 30-40 minutes were great

The rating..... I was quite let down to see that Sly and co had opted for the 12A route to try and make more money, the likes of this kind of movie should never never never be a 12A and it clearly suffered from it. Quick cuts here and there and practically no blood you can tell it's been cut (very much like Taken 2 was for it's theatrical release). Sly has confirmed it'll be uncut on BD and I think we'll notice a hell of a difference.

There was way too much gun fighting and not enough fist fighting like from the first two movies.

At the moment it's a measly 3/5 for me on this (first was an easy 5/5 as was part 2). Very let down aside from the last act. I'm hoping the uncut BD will remedy this

OK, so watched this yesterday. To sum it up, easily the worst of the three but still good fun especially the last 30 mins.

Started off nicely but you soon learn that the main cast are taking the back seat allowing the 'younger' crew to take centre stage which really ruined the film for me. However, the additions of Mel Gibson and Antonio Banderas were simply superb and honestly saved the film for me. Mel Gibson, just like Jean-Claude Van Damme, was a fantastic villain. Banderas was great as the more comedic element, but seeing him get stuck in to some fighting was great, as were Kelsey Grammer and Harrison Ford who was a nice replacement for Bruce greedy-bastard Willis! Jet Li makes a 5 minute wasted appearance with no fist fighting which was a huge shame but Arnold was good getting a couple of one-liners in which made me laugh. What was lacking however, was the chemistry from the crew..... there was very little banter that we were used to from the first two movies. You can still tell the guys had a good time making the movie, but the biggest mistake for me was letting the old crew taking a step back to let the new younger crew in. There was no chemistry there, I couldn't give a **** about any of them. As soon as the old crew came back my interest came back and it was a blast. The last 30-40 minutes were great

The rating..... I was quite let down to see that Sly and co had opted for the 12A route to try and make more money, the likes of this kind of movie should never never never be a 12A and it clearly suffered from it. Quick cuts here and there and practically no blood you can tell it's been cut (very much like Taken 2 was for it's theatrical release). Sly has confirmed it'll be uncut on BD and I think we'll notice a hell of a difference.

There was way too much gun fighting and not enough fist fighting like from the first two movies.

At the moment it's a measly 3/5 for me on this (first was an easy 5/5 as was part 2). Very let down aside from the last act. I'm hoping the uncut BD will remedy this

Totally agree with you.

Reactions: cooey

Pretty spot on. I enjoyed it a little more than you though (but I'm also 20-something, so featuring the new crew didn't bother me as much). An uncut version would be nice.

Reactions: cooey