The Fate of the Furious - In theaters April 14, 2017

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Fate of the Furious

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Tyrese Gibsone, Ludacris, Lucas Black, Jason Statham, Elsa Pataky, Kurt Russell, Charlize Theron, Scott Eastwood[/ACTOR]

Plot: Returns of an old enemy[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
ff8-jpg.281095
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Announced today at Cinemacon by Vin Diesel himself :)
Fast_and_Furious_Logo.jpg
ff8.jpg

Last edited:
CRAZY! The runtime for this has been revealed...

160 minutes!!!

WHAT!? That is 2 hours and 40 mins. Thats like Lord of the Rings level runtime. haha

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
With an estimated $534.2 million in box office in its launch weekend in 65 territories, it's on the way to be the largest worldwide launch weekend of all time, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens at $529 million. Impressive!

Loved it. Miss loved it. Did the job!

My only "concern":
I hoped they would have called the baby "Paul" instead of "Bryan" as a "real" nod... but still... did the job

As I feared, the first F&F without Paul Walker was one of the weakest in a while. I didn't buy into Charlize as the new "big bad" and I really didn't care for Scott Eastwood's new character. The Manhattan sequence's CGI was shoddy (it was like I Am Legend with cars instead of vampires) and then the finale was nearly identical to that of Fast & Furious 6 -- you just get a submarine instead of a plane (and the frozen lake is neverending just like the runway from F&F6). In the end, the film was too dark. The humour was still good and the action was still over-the-top fun in some cases, but it's a definite downfall from the last few films. Hopefully this is the one and only F&F that F. Gary Gray directs. Also,
I felt kinda furious when Elsa Pataky's Elena was shot. I loved her character and it was such a dumb, senseless way for her to die. It really pissed me off. It also pissed me off that there was no scene of Hobbs hearing the news since they were partners before.
My new F&F series ranking: 7>5>1>6>3>4>8>2

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18