Completed The Flash (Season 9) [The CW]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
THE FLASH - CW

EPs: Greg Berlanti (Arrow), Andrew Kreisberg, Geoff Johns, David Nutter, Melissa Kellner Berman
DIRECTOR: David Nutter (Arrow)

CAST: Grant Gustin (Glee), Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order), Danielle Panabaker (Shark), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Candice Patton (The Game), Tom Cavanagh (Ed), John Wesley Shipp (the 90s The Flash), Carlos Valdes, guest star Patrick Sabongui, recurring star Michelle Harrison (Emily Owens, MD)

Based upon characters published by DC Comics, through a freak accident, scientist Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

THE-FLASH.jpg

CW Officially ordered to Series!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I truly deeply hope this goes as weel as Arrow!
Maybe they'll bring those 2 to the Justice League Movie (after Batman vs Superman)... :naughty:

Reactions: psychoscot
Maybe they'll bring those 2 to the Justice League Movie (after Batman vs Superman)... :naughty:

I hope so too. Arrow is an Awesome show and they have already done a lot of work building the DC universe. DC would be stupid not to include them in it.

New Image:
BBnOg75YCIAAF9F9.jpg

Reactions: psychoscot

That's my thinking. Arrow is good enough to stand toe to toe with Snyders new world, get the Flash right and they can mesh TV and Film together rather than go the Marvel route with lots of films.

Personally I would have loved to have seen The Flash make an appearance in Arrow before starting his own show, but I can understand them wanting to give him a start by himself. The prospects of Buffy/Angel style crossover action is mouth watering though! :scat:

Just saw the 5 minute+ trailer this morning! really great! and I like that guy who used to play Ed (guy in the wheelchair)....They should just make a Justice League TV version if this clicks too! reinvent Green Lantern, Aquaman, etc. then get Speedy hooked on Drugs just like the 70s GL and GA stories!

Heck yeah crossover-mania.. The blur-effect looks kind of inconsistent but shows some promise.. And Barry seems cringy enough..

Edit: and that flash emblem on that background would look baaad as a steel.. Just saying

Reactions: jbsolo
Trailer looks great... Will def. Watch! :scat:

But... let's be honest... that at 4:58 -> 5:08... that CGI is... hum... 2002?

Well just finished watching Episode 1 and I must say I enjoyed it. It still retains much of what fans have so far loved in Arrow but with a much lighter tone.

With the same production people behind Smallville, I would say this owes far more to that show on the basis of this episode than it does Arrow.

The cast are a mixture of the familiar genre faces and some newbies and there are a few acting hiccups here and there as the cast get used to the part they are playing which is the same with any new show, but with the caliber they have it should gel fairly quickly.

It looks good, there are the odd dodgy effects here and there which to be fair considering the budget they had to work with they still overall did a great job.

Good episode and nice intro to the character, it didn't have quite the impact Arrow had in terms of action in the first ep but to repeat that wouldn't have been wise either.

I look forward to the full series, and the thought of some crossover episodes down the line with Old Mr Queen is a very mouth watering prospect.

8/10

Reactions: kaw
Anybody catch the pilot tonight!? Thought it was really good! (felt a tad rushed, A lot happened in 44 mins.... but that is somewhat normal in first episodes)
:theflash: <- Now i can finally use this icon!!! haha

I saw it. The pre screening a while ago and like it's closer attention to the comic book but not overly fond of all the actors used.

I saw the premier, and i was somewhat entertained.The show was nothing amazing.It felt like a mid level episode of Smallville.I guess it was because of the fact it was the set up episode.I will give the show a few more episodes to get entertaining.

Last edited:
Same - not impressed but still entertained. Maybe I have come to expect better acting and special effects from a TV show after Arrow, Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, etc.

That's the a great way to say it, not impressed but entertained.
This was episode 1 (pilot) and I truly hope it can live up with Arrow so that I can truly enjoy seeing the JL beeing built! :p