Slipbox The Florida Project (Plain Archive Exclusive No.?) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: PA announce it will be released on Blu-ray with DVD. But, the release date is not confirmed, yet.

upload_2018-6-17_23-28-50.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes please. Haven't seen this but heard great things. Love to see cover art based on the theatrical poster.
the-florida-project_170823_172553.jpg

Movie did nothing for me. Was hoping for a different ending.

For someone who has never been anywhere close to this reality I guess I could see where its entertaining. So to each their own, totally respect the Director and the filming was great. But given that I have a time in my life where I know of many people in such horrible situations and was close to it all just felt more depressing than anything.

Reactions: Billy Talent
Movie did nothing for me. Was hoping for a different ending.

For someone who has never been anywhere close to this reality I guess I could see where its entertaining. So to each their own, totally respect the Director and the filming was great. But given that I have a time in my life where I know of many people in such horrible situations and was close to it all just felt more depressing than anything.
I think that's how it's supposed to feel. This isn't a happy tale whatsoever. It's utter poverty and child neglect told through the eyes of children who do their best to enjoy their summer while being exposed to a terrible life. It feels very fun and whimsical but the overarching tone isn't. The ending is a perfect summation of that.

I think that's how it's supposed to feel. This isn't a happy tale whatsoever. It's utter poverty and child neglect told through the eyes of children who do their best to enjoy their summer while being exposed to a terrible life. It feels very fun and whimsical but the overarching tone isn't. The ending is a perfect summation of that.
You describe it quite well , I guess its just that with all the pre oscar buzz i was expecting some big climax to which imo it never got there. I'm sure it accomplished what it set out to be tho. Def a film peeps can talk about to discuss different takes on it and if they enjoyed it etc. hard to think of it as a film one revisits often tho.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
You describe it quite well , I guess its just that with all the pre oscar buzz i was expecting some big climax to which imo it never got there. I'm sure it accomplished what it set out to be tho. Def a film peeps can talk about to discuss different takes on it and if they enjoyed it etc. hard to think of it as a film one revisits often tho.
You can only be depressed for so long right? Some movies are beautiful but incredibly sombre (Grave Of the Fireflies springs to mind) and can be hard to revisit.

I've seen worse things than the story of the movie. The movie is just okay for me. One-time viewing for me.

While I'm excited for this, I feel like waiting so long has definitely killed the momentum that they'd have seen if they'd released this when it was still heavily in the public eye.

Reactions: Veronica Mars