The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
I'm only keeping you going.....no I have never heard of that show....I'll try and catch it if I can.

damn you. lol.

haven't seen it either. but it's kind of big thing here. 'Finnish director making tv series in Irland'. what i've read it's not that good....

Reactions: EdNorton
@EdNorton

You watching soccer aid on Sunday, shame Jose is not managing England anymore

I'm not even sure what channel it's on @Flash but friendlies don't really interest me.....even if it is for a good cause.

I can understand Jose not wanting to being involved now....it would turn into a media circus about him more.

Good news on the Ibrahimovic front it seems as breaking news is he is due to sign a one year deal at Utd.

Reactions: Flash
I'm not even sure what channel it's on @Flash but friendlies don't really interest me.....even if it is for a good cause.

I can understand Jose not wanting to being involved now....it would turn into a media circus about him more.

Good news on the Ibrahimovic front it seems as breaking news is he is due to sign a one year deal at Utd.

Would be incredible signing, I read his autobiography recently and he's a top guy :)

• Thanks
swiss. slovakia and england will win today.

:naughty:

what you think @EdNorton ?

You've started off well today @nefilim Swiss win.....tough one with the Slovaks and I expect a narrow England win.

kroatia, north-irland and germany will win tomorrow (12th)

what you think @EdNorton ?

I hope your right mate,a win tomorrow for us would be massive but I fear Lewandowski but fingers crossed.

Croatia v Turkey is another tough one but I'd go for the Croats.....at least that's who I would prefer to win,

Reactions: nefilim
You've started off well today @nefilim Swiss win.....tough one with the Slovaks and I expect a narrow England win.

I hope your right mate,a win tomorrow for us would be massive but I fear Lewandowski but fingers crossed.

Croatia v Turkey is another tough one but I'd go for the Croats.....at least that's who I would prefer to win,

you know what. for the first time. I even bet money on some of these games. in Finnish online betting site.

• Thanks
wow. it seems betters do not believe that north-ireland wins. but i do. put my cash on it. and if/when it happens i win more.

Fantastic win for Wales, great performance, Gareth's goal was a cracker, deserved win, well done lads :thumbs:

Now come on England :)

Bad goalkeeping for Bales goal @Flash

crying-with-laughter.gif

Ok....