The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
crying-with-laughter.gif

Ok....

The ball was just to the keepers right.....in the centre of the goal.

It's a fact.....even the studio guests on ITV said the same thing.....not sure what you were watching......Bale hit it well enough but in the centre of the goal about a two feet from the keeper then he should be saving it.

It's a fact.....even the studio guests on ITV said the same thing.....not sure what you were watching......Bale hit it well enough but in the centre of the goal about a two feet from the keeper then he should be saving it.

Ah well if ITV said it, it MUST be true. Lol

I like you and we've had many good discussions and I agree with you on a lot of things but sadly not this. I wish Scotland could have someone who could take a free kick like that :(

Last edited:
In fairness @Flash Lee Dixon,Glen Hoddle and Slaven Bilic know more about football than you.

Haha ok then.... Still doesn't make them right. I've watched so many pundits over many decades and so many of them talk so much rubbish constantly. It was pretty funny it was obvious that the English pundits were not amused that Wales had won as it obviously put more pressure on England so they wanted to play it all down. Having watched it again I am sorry I don't agree with them or you. It was a brilliant goal, the goalie went for it but was never getting it from that speed. It was brilliant free kick. So proud for Gareth to be the first British player to score a direct free kick in a European Championship finals game. :thumbs:

What did you think of N.I yesterday?
After that game was a prime example of pundits talking rubbish, I found their analysis of the game extremely insulting and unfair to Northern Ireland.

What did you think of N.I yesterday?
After that game was a prime example of pundits talking rubbish, I found their analysis of the game extremely insulting and unfair to Northern Ireland.

I didn't hear what they said as I was on my way home from the fanzone but we were crap,tactics were wrong and we were set up for the draw.
We offered nothing going forward and when they scored everyone knew that was that.

There needs to be more of a risk,not creating chances and hoping for a set piece will only get you so far.....it's not unlikely that we go home without scoring a goal but I'm sure O'Neill will try and change it against Ukraine.....he doesn't really have a choice as getting something against Germany in the last match is unlikely.

Qualifying was massive achievement and we got a tough group but the fans are having a ball being part of it but my thoughts are with the family of Darren Roberts who tragically fell and lost his life.

Reactions: Flash
I read it was being held up as he wants to play in the Olyimpics.....I still think it will happen but nothing will be done now until Sweden are out of the Euros I wouldn't think @Flash

I think the deal will get done, he'd only miss couple of games start of the season if he goes. The thing is when do these guys rest, football season, then euros then olympics :sleep:

Reactions: EdNorton
I think the deal will get done, he'd only miss couple of games start of the season if he goes. The thing is when do these guys rest, football season, then euros then olympics :sleep:

If they go far in the tournament some won't even be involved in the Chinese pre-season tour,when he goes to the Olympics then basically he will need a couple of weeks off at some stage.........we have Rashford to cover then!

Thanks @dan8885, I just saw this! He is getting a little old now but his record is fantastic! He is a top quality player. I'm happy to have him, I just hope he can keep up his goalscoring record! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Thanks @dan8885, I just saw this! He is getting a little old now but his record is fantastic! He is a top quality player. I'm happy to have him, I just hope he can keep up his goalscoring record! :)

Who cares how old he is. He's fantastic! I ******* hate to see him leave PSG. Big PSG fan here. Ibrakadbra :drool::drool::drool::drool: Maybe ManU got a chance now to win the second place :)

ZlatanvsEngland.gif

tumblr_njxojlbE0A1shaydvo1_500.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Who cares how old he is. He's fantastic! I ******* hate to see him leave PSG. Big PSG fan here. Ibrakadbra :drool::drool::drool::drool: Maybe ManU got a chance now to win the second place :)

ZlatanvsEngland.gif

tumblr_njxojlbE0A1shaydvo1_500.gif
Ah I see mate! You will be sad to see him go then. I watched him in the Euro's and he doesn't look 34! I know his goalscoring at PSG was unbelievable. He broke all sorts of records. His international record is superb aswell. I love that gif of the overhead kick, now that was a goal!!:wow::D I like the way David Luiz redraws the free kick! Haha! :) I hope he settles in well in the premiership! You got Di Maria off us mate, I was a bit gutted he didn't try the premiership for longer. He is a top quality player.:thumbs:

• Thanks
Ah I see mate! You will be sad to see him go then. I watched him in the Euro's and he doesn't look 34! I know his goalscoring at PSG was unbelievable. He broke all sorts of records. His international record is superb aswell. I love that gif of the overhead kick, now that was a goal!!:wow::D I like the way David Luiz redraws the free kick! Haha! :) I hope he settles in well in the premiership! You got Di Maria off us mate, I was a bit gutted he didn't try the premiership for longer. He is a top quality player.:thumbs:

Yes definitely. My ultra club is friends with the supporters from PSG for a very long. We visited the standings from each other multiple times.
I really hate to see him go. He's a genius. And yes, Di Maria is a top quality player. Very happy with him :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Yes definitely. My ultra club is friends with the supporters from PSG for a very long. We visited the standings from each other multiple times.
I really hate to see him go. He's a genius. And yes, Di Maria is a top quality player. Very happy with him :)
That sounds cool Dan! :) I think Di Maria could have been a success in the premiership if he had stayed a bit longer. There was some issues with the manager not playing him then playing him out of position. He lost a bit of form but he looks back on it when I've seen him for PSG! I know Zlatan was a big favourite, I am happy he's decided to come to United, he's had success everywhere else, I think with his height and power he will be fine! I think Mourinho did a great job getting him to come! Looking forward to him scoring some goals, we need it after last season!:D

• Thanks