The Fox and the Hound (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #24) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 6th, 2014
Purchase link: The Fox and the Hound LIVE!
Price: £19.99
Notes: Gloss Finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

front.jpg

rear.jpg
interior.jpg
exterior.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine. This really is turning out to be one of the best steelbook collections going and how that Snow White has been released on normal blu-ray in the UK I hope it's next on the list.......

I love the film, it's pre-ordered, and I very much like the art overall, even if I tend to agree with Flloydo : the dog looks like a crackhead on the front :D.

I found out something funny : the fox is called Tod and the hound is Copper. That's amusing to me, because I've seen the film a dozen times when I was young and I know them as Rox and Rouky respectively ("Rox et Rouky" was also the French title). You have to admit those are better names :p.

Besides, when I hear Tod I think of the crazy redhead in season 5 of Breaking Bad (before that I thought of him as Landry in Friday Night Lights :D), and "the hound" makes me think of Game of Thrones :D.

I'm amazed by how many steelbooks I have on pre-order, though oddly all these purchases somehow make sense to me even if they'll cost me an arm :D :

- I needed to complete The Disney Collection: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Aristocats, The Rescuers, Pocahontas.

- I had to get the Indiana Jones series too: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (yep, completist).

- I'm getting new films released in 2014 too: Only Lovers Left Alive, Maleficient (though I've only heard it's ****, I'll have to watch it first), 22 Jump Street, Captain America 2 (cancellation pending, I'll get the FNAC edition though the Korean lenticular is tempting), and Guardians of the Galaxy.

- And I couldn't resist a few catalogue releases: The Road, La Haine, Gone Baby Gone, Army of Darkness, The Elephant Man, Moon, 21 Jump Street, and Brick tomorrow, with Clerks soon, hopefully.

- Last but not least, a few titles about which I am on the fence: Ghostbusters 2 (once we get a proper look at the French steelbook of both Ghostbusters, I'm cancelling), The Graduate (looks like it might be in stock for a while, I'm waiting on a price drop, and I might do the same for La Haine), and Manhunter (ditto, I may be a big Michael Mann fan but €23 is just too expensivc).

Seems like I'll only be eating white boxes in the next few months :p.

Last edited:
Reactions: Andycadle84
I personally loved it I thought it was amazing. Angelina is wonderful in it :)

i personally wish the studio would give them a release date on it and get a wriggle on!

bunk as regard indy steels they seem to be between £22-25 each on the bay atm you may get lucky with missed card payements on zavvi.

one thing i do know august for me is goona be an expensive month for me got think 7 alone from zavvi plus an others from else where oh well:pompus:

basil :thumbs:

Zavvi is doing a good job releasing Disney steels, but I'd appreciate additional bonus content. That being said, I'll be looking forward to picking this up from eBay @ a bargain price, on when Zavvi is doing a reduced price flash sale in the near future.