The Fox and the Hound (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #24) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 6th, 2014
Purchase link: The Fox and the Hound LIVE!
Price: £19.99
Notes: Gloss Finish

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

front.jpg

rear.jpg
interior.jpg
exterior.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 397
Last edited by a moderator:
I love the film, it's pre-ordered, and I very much like the art overall, even if I tend to agree with Flloydo : the dog looks like a crackhead on the front :D.

I found out something funny : the fox is called Tod and the hound is Copper. That's amusing to me, because I've seen the film a dozen times when I was young and I know them as Rox and Rouky respectively ("Rox et Rouky" was also the French title). You have to admit those are better names :p.

Besides, when I hear Tod I think of the crazy redhead in season 5 of Breaking Bad (before that I thought of him as Landry in Friday Night Lights :D), and "the hound" makes me think of Game of Thrones :D.

I'm amazed by how many steelbooks I have on pre-order, though oddly all these purchases somehow make sense to me even if they'll cost me an arm :D :

- I needed to complete The Disney Collection: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Aristocats, The Rescuers, Pocahontas.

- I had to get the Indiana Jones series too: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (yep, completist).

- I'm getting new films released in 2014 too: Only Lovers Left Alive, Maleficient (though I've only heard it's ****, I'll have to watch it first), 22 Jump Street, Captain America 2 (cancellation pending, I'll get the FNAC edition though the Korean lenticular is tempting), and Guardians of the Galaxy.

- And I couldn't resist a few catalogue releases: The Road, La Haine, Gone Baby Gone, Army of Darkness, The Elephant Man, Moon, 21 Jump Street, and Brick tomorrow, with Clerks soon, hopefully.

- Last but not least, a few titles about which I am on the fence: Ghostbusters 2 (once we get a proper look at the French steelbook of both Ghostbusters, I'm cancelling), The Graduate (looks like it might be in stock for a while, I'm waiting on a price drop, and I might do the same for La Haine), and Manhunter (ditto, I may be a big Michael Mann fan but €23 is just too expensivc).

Seems like I'll only be eating white boxes in the next few months :p.
Think I've got about 10 steels on pre order now; Had to fashion an Excel spreadsheet to keep tabs of everything that's coming out of my bank!
Just about finished the Disney collection (although I still need Frozen, and Monsters Inc/University and Finding Nemo from the Pixar collection)
Might cancel GoTG due to the appalling artwork (I'm in the GB to get the Future Shop release)
Have Maleficent on pre order- I actually thought it was half decent!!
Damn this steelbooks are addictive...

Finally ordered this... since I'd like to complete my set. Got it for 15% off with sleeping beauty pre-order and took advantage of the flash sale with other BOGO Disney steels and added 5F50BR for £5 off £50 (from that other site) to sweeten the deal.

I think this is going to get a lot of love when people start opening theirs up. The front art is so crisp and pops out at you and the embossing is really well done with the title and both characters. On to a winner here

I'm just waiting for a price drop, I do think that's a really nice steel though

Mine just arrived. I've never seen this movie but this has to be one of my favourites of the collection.
The border is a gorgeous shade of emerald green, I love it!

Mine just arrived. I've never seen this movie but this has to be one of my favourites of the collection.
The border is a gorgeous shade of emerald green, I love it!

You colour blind? It's turquoise.
:D

Edit: DMR don't work, back art is ever so slightly misaligned, and the slip is a bit too tight.
I'd rather have a slipless mint steelbook than a scratched one. I've taken it out of slip 3 times and already it's showing wear. In the bin it goes.

Not bad for £16.

Last edited: