Cancelled The Gifted (X-Men Spin-off) (Season 2) [Fox]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
marvel-the-gifted-logo-fox.jpg

X-Men Spinoff Series: THE GIFTED.

Gifted's cast includes Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time) as the mutant Blink; Blair Redford (Switched at Birth, Satisfaction) as the mutant Thunderbird; Stephen Moyer (True Blood) as an attorney named Reed; Amy Acker (Person of Interest) as Reed's estranged wife, Caitlin; Natalie Alyn Lind (Gotham) as one of their mutant children, Lauren; Percy Hynes White (Defiance) as Andy; Coby Bell (Burn Notice) as Jace; and Emma Dumont (Pretty Little Liars) as Polaris.

The pilot will be directed by X-Men movie director Bryan Singer.

C6mHimRUwAA5vBP.jpgC6nTizCVAAAR2Rs.jpg

gifted.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
"The pilot will be directed by X-Men movie director Bryan Singer."? Interesting! :watch: Might have to check it out! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm so damn excited for this! The story looks like it takes place in the future after the events in Logan. The showrunner on this is Matt Nix and he was the creator of Burn Notice, one of my favourite shows. Considering that and the fact that Bryan Singer is directing Episode 01 (not to mention the stellar cast featuring Stephen Moyer, Amy Acker, and Coby Bell), this is looking like a home run! Now I just have to hope that FOX doesn't cancel it without a proper ending.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I'm so damn excited for this! The story looks like it takes place in the future after the events in Logan. The showrunner on this is Matt Nix and he was the creator of Burn Notice, one of my favourite shows. Considering that and the fact that Bryan Singer is directing Episode 01 (not to mention the stellar cast featuring Stephen Moyer, Amy Acker, and Coby Bell), this is looking like a home run! Now I just have to hope that FOX doesn't cancel it without a proper ending.

This being an official Marvel / X-Men show, this should get the gold star treatment. Plus, fans will riot if it gets canceled without an ending. haha

One thing I am curious about, is if all these new X-men shows and movies will tie into each other? The universe is so convoluted already. Fox could do anything (continuity wise) and we all would just shrug and say "ok".

This being an official Marvel / X-Men show, this should get the gold star treatment. Plus, fans will riot if it gets canceled without an ending. haha

One thing I am curious about, is if all these new X-men shows and movies will tie into each other? The universe is so convoluted already. Fox could do anything (continuity wise) and we all would just shrug and say "ok".

Well there's three separate timelines and I've never had a problem following them (though I can understand why the casual viewer would). I believe this will take place after Logan because of the line used in the trailer, so it shouldn't directly tie into any of the films unless they bring on one of the kid characters from the end of Logan. I really can't wait to see it!

Well there's three separate timelines and I've never had a problem following them (though I can understand why the casual viewer would). I believe this will take place after Logan because of the line used in the trailer, so it shouldn't directly tie into any of the films unless they bring on one of the kid characters from the end of Logan. I really can't wait to see it!

I'm cool with this taking place after Logan. How great would it be if we got a X23 cameo in the series!?

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I'm cool with this taking place after Logan. How great would it be if we got a X23 cameo in the series!?

I'd LOVE to see X-23 appear, but I think Fox will hold on to her for the movies. That said, how about a guest appearance by Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth?! :woot:

I'd LOVE to see X-23 appear, but I think Fox will hold on to her for the movies. That said, how about a guest appearance by Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth?! :woot:

I was reading about how he was almost in Logan but they decided to cut the scene. Would be fun to see him again.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
You know- I remember before the talent behing FX's LEGION was announced- THIS is what I was afraid it would be:
Random, made-for-tv, CW-light garbage. Legion was a damn fine show with a solid creative director behind it... this looks like a Marvel TV show and it looks awful.

Starts Tonight!

Edit:
Watched it, thought it was great! After the trash that was Inhumans, this was a nice change. I'm for sure going to stick with it and see where it goes!

Last edited: