The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Blu-ray SteelBook)(HMV Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

Does your copy of Dragon Tattoo HMV UK Steelbook has Quality Control Issues?

• Yes

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • No, mine is in perfect condition

Votes: 47 69.1%
  • Yes but not bothered

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Who cares, mine will be kept sealed

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Yes

• Yes but not bothered

• Yes

• Yes but not bothered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
Release date: April 23rd, 2012
ORDER HERE

Thanks for pics from Elena:
TGWTDT5.jpg

TGWTDT4.jpg

TGWTDT3.jpg

TGWTDT2.jpg

TGWTDT.jpg

Attachments

• TGWTDT5-HMV.jpg
    TGWTDT5-HMV.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
I have this steel and have only watched it once, I personally prefer the originals and have watched them many times. . Don't all yell at me a at once:hilarious: I would love steelbooks or the original films:scat:
I thought they would have made the remake trilogy by now though so I just assumed that the first one was all they were going to do:emb:

Reactions: psychoscot
I would too. I have the original extended trilogy but would definitely get then again if they came out as steels. I'm a bit biased towards Fincher though as my top 3 films are all his

Same this is in my top 5 films of all time.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

I have this steel and have only watched it once, I personally prefer the originals and have watched them many times. . Don't all yell at me a at once:hilarious: I would love steelbooks or the original films:scat:
I thought they would have made the remake trilogy by now though so I just assumed that the first one was all they were going to do:emb:

The film wasn't the mega hit Sony hoped, and releasing it at Christmas was a huge mistake. It's now made a profit and the second one has been "announced" but wouldn't hold my breath for it anytime soon.

Personally I want Fincher to do all 3 but he's not keen on repeating himself and may act only as producer on the sequels.

I would too. I have the original extended trilogy but would definitely get then again if they came out as steels. I'm a bit biased towards Fincher though as my top 3 films are all his

I would buy them all over again too, I got the dvds then bds and i'd definitely throw more money at steels.
I agree with you about Fincher, he is an amazing director and has done some of my favorite films :scat: when I watched this remake I had loved the originals so much I didn't really see the point of it but lately I've thought about giving it another go but what stops me is the fact its an unfinished trilogy but with the next two instalments on the cards it might be time to give it another go. It's always the same for me when it comes to remakes, when I see the actors owning the part its odd to see others play them..if decades have passed then its sometimes good to see a new spin on a remake but when its months or a year or two sometimes I don't get the reasoning behind it.. but I will definitely be interested in seeing the remake complete. :D

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

Same this is in my top 5 films of all time.

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

The film wasn't the mega hit Sony hoped, and releasing it at Christmas was a huge mistake. It's now made a profit and the second one has been "announced" but wouldn't hold my breath for it anytime soon.

Personally I want Fincher to do all 3 but he's not keen on repeating himself and may act only as producer on the sequels.

Thanks for the info:thumbs:, I do remember it going under the radar a bit but the original had produced such a hype that I thought it was just bad timing. . Shame they couldn't of shot the whole trilogy at the same time and maybe it would've been more successful on release but that would have taken more time and money. . It does bug me owning the first one without conclusion...ocd lol. Shame that Fincher will likely not be directing the next two:(

That's my main problem with the Swedish versions I felt that Noomi Rapace far from owned the part, I thought she was an out and out disaster that had no handle on the character whatsoever and she completely ruined those films for me personally. She was one dimensional and acted like a brat. I detest her so much that I can't now watch the actress in anything else. As soon as I see her face I'm instantly reminded of the fact she ruined my all time favorite character.

I like Finchers work, but was still very hesitant about seeing the US version. If they got her wrong again I would have been seriously pee'd off. I left that screening very happy indeed. :scat: For me Mara IS Salander and no one should be allowed to play her now but Rooney. :cool:

Reactions: jitstark and chunk
That's my main problem with the Swedish versions I felt that Noomi Rapace far from owned the part, I thought she was an out and out disaster that had no handle on the character whatsoever and she completely ruined those films for me personally. She was one dimensional and acted like a brat. I detest her so much that I can't now watch the actress in anything else. As soon as I see her face I'm instantly reminded of the fact she ruined my all time favorite character.

I like Finchers work, but was still very hesitant about seeing the US version. If they got her wrong again I would have been seriously pee'd off. I left that screening very happy indeed. :scat: For me Mara IS okSalander and no one should be allowed to play her now but Rooney. :cool:

lol.. I think I was lucky as I had never read the books and knew nothing about the films before I saw them so I was free to enjoy them.. I assume you were referring to the books. . Like I say I know nothing lol:hilarious::D
one thing I know... Noomi was asked to do the remake and she turned it down.. Good thing for you so you could enjoy the remake:thumbs:

Last edited:
I know a lot of people that LOVED the Swedish versions and almost refused to watch Finchers version. They then read the books and like me now prefer the US one. Rooney gave her massively more depth and character and tonally is far nearer to the original character than Noomi's over the top version. :D

Reactions: chunk
I know a lot of people that LOVED the Swedish versions and almost refused to watch Finchers version. They then read the books and like me now prefer the US one. Rooney gave her massively more depth and character and tonally is far nearer to the original character than Noomi's over the top version. :D

You make me wanna go read the books and rewatch the remake so I can fully understand what you mean but on the other hand I don't wanna dislike the original moviesEEK! I am now worried that that can happen if I read the books :D

I've only seen this US remake, which I love (!), but I'm a big fan of Noomi Rapace in general and I'm really looking forward to seeing her portrayal of Salander.
But like you say psychoscot, evveryone has different taste.

I read that Fincher didn't want to do the second film because the budget was too small compared to what Fincher felt he needed to make it.
I really hope that by some miracle he does end up doing the other two films as well but if not I'm still looking forward to seeing them. I just hope the likes of Brett Rattner, McG and Michael Bay will have nothing to do with them. That's almost the only thing that can ruin them when the source material is so good and the actor's did such a great job with the first one.