Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: March 21st, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99 - £17.99

1.jpg

11203489-1694345685385921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I really wanted to like this movie. Pixar + Dinosaurs + Beautiful Steelbook? Hell yeah! But I watched it a couple of days ago and... without going into spoilers, there's a huge crisis that is never resolved and everyone just ignores it.

Although I appreciate anthropomorphisation is a staple of animation, I didn't like the way the dinosaurs are made human and humans are - effectively - dogs.

Hate to say it but this steelbook is a disgrace. One thing to not have a Title on the spine but the spine is so muted in colour. (Mine had double spine slash aswell) No effort whatsoever with this one. I like simplicity but this feels cheap. I can safely say the amaray is a lot nicer to look at, especially with the glossy slipcover and that just shouldn't happen in this price range and I don't like this trend happening with steelbooks. I value Spines without damage that preferably have Titles on or at least ones I can make out without squinting. This sitting next to A Bugs Life for instance is a joke. Standards have slipped big time. For what is probably the best visual Pixar Movie the steelbook is visually the worst. Standards will need to improve before I buy another one and to put it bluntly if this was my first steelbook I would never have got into collecting them.

Just watched this with my 2 year old daughter, we were both bored during it

(Tbh I never liked the look of this one but my daughter had started taken an interest in it when she saw adverts etc so figured I'd pick it up for her)

good dinosaur is an homage to old western movies, great movie but doesnt suprise me when people get bored from it since many people just dont like western movies in general.

Anyone notice scratches on the spine that run from top to bottom. The first one and it's replacement that I received both have these scratches. It's not a spine slash, looks like a printing defect.

Reactions: chunk
Anyone notice scratches on the spine that run from top to bottom. The first one and it's replacement that I received both have these scratches. It's not a spine slash, looks like a printing defect.

Mine does, noticed it as soon as I took the shrink wrap off but I couldn't be bothered to get in touch with zavvi and deal with their customer service at the time. The spine looked bad enough to begin with, washed out and a bit blurred. I put it on the shelf next to inside out (which also he's the little bubble pictures), and the difference in quality is really obvious. I quite like the steelbook artwork but as a member above pointed out, the whole thing looks cheap.. a real shame.

Exactly the same. The worst thing was my replacement copy is even more noticeable than the original. I've given up on this one now.
Like you say it appears to be some kind of print defect as the seal wasn't damaged on either copy.