Paris - France
Release date: May 26, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £18.31

10900314-2664346962834428.jpg

10900314-1984346962845000.jpg
10900314-1094346962842498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For anybody who has yet to buy the Amaray trilogy boxset it is available from Amazon at the time of writing for a penny under 8 quid - which is as you can see is a particularly good price for these three films (and certainly better than the GBP 33 I paid for it soon after it came out).
Steelbooks for the other two films please as I'd love my favourite of the three ('For a Few Dollars More') in a steelbook :)

I am veeeeeeeeery late to the party on this, but Zavvi are now letting this go for a crazymad £6.99! - or on offer of buy 2 for £12! So i bagged myself one after waiting a lifetime for the price drop. Absolutely awesome and legendary movie!

Don't know how this slipped by. Ordered a copy! I always think of Metallica due to them using music (The Ecstasy of Gold) from the movie before they hit the stage.

I ordered it days before it became part of a 2 for £12 offer. Has anyone had a despatch email?

I ordered with other steels in their promotion. Only Bronson dispatched. Others are still awaiting stock pick which are all sold out such as descent, Amelie, legend etc. Not been charged either. Probably get the cancellation email anytime soon.

I ordered it days before it became part of a 2 for £12 offer. Has anyone had a despatch email?
I ordered as part of the 2 for £12 the night before i posted it on this forum ( i think Tues. night?). No despatch notice yet, but no cancellation notice either, but i will just have to wait and see. I ordered Quatermass steelbook and Kill list as part of the 2 for £15 offer 2 weeks ago and it took 9 days before i got despatch notice for any of them.

Probably because it is sold out. It happens sometimes.
Sometimes? This is getting a little too common of late. When an item goes on sale or comes back stock its literally a 50/50 chance you get your order fulfilled. Zavvi again is reminding many of us why they will always be the worst retailer for blu-rays and steelbooks. I can’t imagine their other departments are much better. The really sad part is they honesty do not care.

Sometimes? This is getting a little too common of late. When an item goes on sale or comes back stock its literally a 50/50 chance you get your order fulfilled. Zavvi again is reminding many of us why they will always be the worst retailer for blu-rays and steelbooks. I can’t imagine their other departments are much better. The really sad part is they honesty do not care.

At least the prices aren't jacked up like FA or Asian retailers. So you are crying about missing a 6 quid Steelbook? The premium retailers are even worse than Zavvi.

At least the prices aren't jacked up like FA or Asian retailers. So you are crying about missing a 6 quid Steelbook? The premium retailers are even worse than Zavvi.
You work for Zavvi? Or just blindly loyal to all UK retailers? Either way your response is a complete joke. Nice try though to drum up another boring retailer feud.

I ordered Fargo and my order was cancelled. It's disappointing but these have been out of stock for so long I was wondering if they actually did have the stock.

I ordered Fargo and my order was cancelled. It's disappointing but these have been out of stock for so long I was wondering if they actually did have the stock.
If you look at recent threads here this is an alarming trend for Zavvi of late. I really do hope its not simply orchestrated to sell more steelbooks. I would guess most people will order multiple steelbooks at once to save on shipping, and I would also guess that most people do not cancel the rest of their order if one item is cancelled by Zavvi. Im probably giving them too much credit, but then why do they continue to list out of print steelbooks that sell out immediately and then proceed to cancel most of the orders? Once in a while I would blame on incompetence but this is happening way too often.

In a way I am glad they cancelled my order as I have read that a new 2 disc bluray is out in a few months with a better transfer and both theatrical and extended versions.
Fingers crossed it gets the steelbook treatment.

In a way I am glad they cancelled my order as I have read that a new 2 disc bluray is out in a few months with a better transfer and both theatrical and extended versions.
Fingers crossed it gets the steelbook treatment.
Where'd you hear about this new release? Where can i find info?

In announcement news today, the big news is that Kino Lorber has just announced that they’re working on a new 50th Anniversary Blu-ray and DVD release of Sergio Leone’s iconic spaghetti western The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1967). The disc, expected to be street this summer (specific street date TBA) will include both the original U.S. Theatrical Cut in HD for the first time ever, as well as the Extended Cut, both mastered from 4K transfers. The 2-disc set will also include a huge slate of extras. Here’s the breakdown from Kino:

Disc One:

• 4K transfer of the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut
  • New audio commentary by film historian Tim Lucas
  • “Trailers from Hell” with Ernest Dickerson
  • Newly Restored 2.0 Mono Audio
  • M.O.S. Deleted Scene of Blondie in the desert finding skeletons
  • Trailers for Sergio Leone Westerns
  • Italian Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono
  • English DTS-HD MA 5.1 Audio
  • AND MORE – to be announced
Disc Two:

• 4K transfer of the Extended Cut