Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
1.jpg

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour.

Not only will the guys travel to different locations, but for the first time ever the studio audience recordings will travel every week, all housed within a giant tent. Amazon customers will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer.

Reactions: C.C. 95 and luke98
Amazon has now revealed Jeremy Clarkson will reunite with Richard Hammond and James May next month in front of a live audience in Johannesburg, South Africa, to record the first studio segments of 'The Grand Tour'.

Jay Marine, vice-president of Amazon Video Europe, said: "We love that Jeremy, Richard and James are touring the studio recordings of The Grand Tour, bringing this Amazon Prime show to fans around the world.

"Given the popularity of Jeremy, Richard and James in South Africa, Johannesburg is a fantastic place to start. We're excited to give fans the opportunity to be part of the first ever live studio audience for The Grand Tour."

The series will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime and will be be compiled of 12 episodes, with a further 24 to come over the next two years.

My god, the New Top Gear sucks. And not only does it suck - they are taking the low road ala Paul Feig, and giving their viewers the sour puss and the middle finger for not being smart/hip enough to like a jerk like Chris Evans.
Full on trainwreck. Bring on the real thing Amazon.:thumbs:
I watched the first 10 mins of the first episode and then 5 mins of the second episode just to make sure it truly was as awful as it first appeared... and yep, it's now an absolute car crash of a show. I can't remember the last time a TV presenter annoyed me as much as Evans... I'd rather watch Keith Lemon.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I watched the first 10 mins of the first episode and then 5 mins of the second episode just to make sure it truly was as awful as it first appeared... and yep, it's now an absolute car crash of a show. I can't remember the last time a TV presenter annoyed me as much as Evans... I'd rather watch Keith Lemon.
The inclusion of Matt LeBlanc is just a total head scratcher...and Eddie Jordan comes off as a jerk too. Rory Reid was o.k....But the BBC really will never live this down. They thought the brand was the show, when the truth is: Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond were the brand.
The reason the show was a smash was because of those guys and their personalities. I'm not even remotely a car guy - and I have been an avid viewer since it started. I suspect a large part of the audience would be in that same demographic. It would be like replacing the entire cast of Game of Thrones because "Game of Thrones" is the brand and the actors are all just replaceable. One of the biggest epic blunders by a major network in the history of television.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
The inclusion of Matt LeBlanc is just a total head scratcher...and Eddie Jordan comes off as a jerk too. Rory Reid was o.k....But the BBC really will never live this down. They thought the brand was the show, when the truth is: Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond were the brand.
The reason the show was a smash was because of those guys and their personalities. I'm not even remotely a car guy - and I have been an avid viewer since it started. I suspect a large part of the audience would be in that same demographic. It would be like replacing the entire cast of Game of Thrones because "Game of Thrones" is the brand and the actors are all just replaceable. One of the biggest epic blunders by a major network in the history of television.
Haha yeah... you know a show is crap when Matt LeBlanc is probably the best thing about it, and even he isn't great! I haven't watched enough of the show to see Eddie Jordan on it, but I'm a big fan of him as a presenter for F1. The show itself has never been anything special IMO... Fifth Gear (another UK car show) is very similar to Top Gear, but has never been as good, which is also proof that good presenters are what count. The old TG trio are definitely what made the show what it was... I mean, they even made a short video of them assembling a cardboard box entertaining!

Haha yeah... you know a show is crap when Matt LeBlanc is probably the best thing about it, and even he isn't great! I haven't watched enough of the show to see Eddie Jordan on it, but I'm a big fan of him as a presenter for F1. The show itself has never been anything special IMO... Fifth Gear (another UK car show) is very similar to Top Gear, but has never been as good, which is also proof that good presenters are what count. The old TG trio are definitely what made the show what it was... I mean, they even made a short video of them assembling a cardboard box entertaining!

The thing about Eddie Jordan is that he is cantankerous on the show...like he doesn't like being around Evans.
And I guess I can't blame him for that!:LOL:

13503103_472108006321079_4633408926490601062_o.jpg

Release date 18th nov 2016

well just seen new trailer with release date for the grand tour on amazon 18th nov 2016

so clarkson, hammond and captain slow are back finally, looks good really good.

anyway have a watch see what you reckon

basil :thumbs: