The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the less than choice selection of THE GREY steelbooks / futurepaks out there this new one - if different art - should be most welcome.

Surprised to hear myself saying it but as for the German title "UNTER WOLFEN" - liking it almost as much as DER UNTERGANG / DOWNFALL . . . certainly more interesting than THE GREY . . . and with a title like that set in Alaska the steelbook should be white or grey at the very least . . . and this image from a previous non-steelbook release could be maybe used somewhere on the package:-
upload_2017-11-23_3-56-17.png

What's gone before:-
]
upload_2017-11-23_3-22-29.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-46-23.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-47-17.png

upload_2017-11-23_3-28-2.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-40-32.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-41-34.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-43-51.png

upload_2017-11-23_3-36-30.png
upload_2017-11-23_3-39-8.png

As for the Marmite ending, an alternative ending was filmed but not used with Neeson going all "Taken" on the wolf - alpha male vs. alpha wolf - but was abandoned for fear of reprisals from wolf lovers who felt wolves has been portrayed unfairly in the film - especially the animatronic wolves (lol) - and who in fact did call for a boycott of the film.

Many reports of people "booing" at the end of the film but if you wait for the bit after the end credits the director likes us to believe that "people...cheered" . . .
Quote,
"We had a different version of the ending that we shot that’s this big blowout with Liam and the wolf… maybe I’ll put it out as a deleted scene. I didn’t want to hand feed anything to the audience, I want to make them think about the film and extrapolate their own conclusion. But there’s a scene that plays after the credits that’s really fun. I did that for pure artistic expression. [People] that we’ve shown it to cheered.”

Reactions: kryptonite
Hmm I'll probably pass on this now. I was hoping they'd use something different for the front - that image is used on pretty much every Blu-ray release.

I suppose there's not a lot of good art for this film to be fair, but here's my attempt at a concept using official imagery...

#111 The Grey (SC).png

Love it :drool:
This is the one to beat :thumbs:
Chinese poster split across the covers (with obvious colour changes to eyes and fur to make them resemble each other better):-
upload_2017-12-27_19-28-44.png

Perfectly balanced artwork in every way for this steelbook . . . Oh, to have the same in the UK . . .

Beats into a cocked hat my choice of this original poster design for the back art:-
upload_2017-12-27_19-23-17.png

Very disappointing choice of artworks, but I will probably grab this anyway even though this will end up going under the cost price later on bay I guess....

Hmm I'll probably pass on this now. I was hoping they'd use something different for the front - that image is used on pretty much every Blu-ray release.

I suppose there's not a lot of good art for this film to be fair, but here's my attempt at a concept using official imagery...

View attachment 350780

I find it crazy that this concept art is so much more appealing than any other release of this film I've seen officially distributed.
You should be in charge of these releases!

Reactions: Driver and Noodles