The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
4000 print run for this title is too much, very high chance to end up in winter sale. But will probably grab something now anyway as I would like to watch it again after long time and i think price will be reasonable also....

I genuinely didn’t notice that about the lenti slip

About time

Funny because when I asked why they do it I was told it will never change because it’s their policy

hmm I normally go with 1-clicks but unsure this time not that I do not like the overall look of the slips but I'm down with Edge Of Tomorrow HDZ boxset on Sunday and have to pay for it first and foremost, also space is a massive issue now for me....hmm decisions!!

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
OK, the film isn't a classic but the steelbook looks a little beauty. . . scrubbed clean of non-essential text and with perfectly balanced artwork . . . only wish it was available as a standalone in my territory for a 'sensible' price . . . of course about time this film had a decent steelbook to join the decent Plain Archive Amaray w/ slipcase:-
upload_2018-1-5_16-57-45.png
upload_2018-1-5_17-16-40.png

. . . especially when compared to these others in metal packaging . . . two absolutely smothered in text and banners . . . the third - also with non-English language text on the front - brought a smile to my face when I first saw it . . . with that hara-kiri style kneeling figure.
Puzzled originally by the predominantly green colour choice instead of expected cold greys, blacks, blues and whites of the alleged setting (Alaska) . . . until discovered that the green colour may in fact be closer to reality as a lot of the filming was done here - in Bulkley Valley, Smithers, British Columbia, in Vancouver and in the ski resort of Whistler - not actually in Alaska:-
upload_2018-1-5_17-41-49.png
upload_2018-1-5_16-54-34.png
upload_2018-1-5_16-55-13.png
upload_2018-1-5_17-10-14.png

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisPatt
Prices already revealed as well...

3) Price & Print run (Total print run = 4K)
- FULL SLIP : 1,200 numbered : $ 35.99
- LENTICULAR FULL SLIP : 1,200 numbered : $ 36.99
- QUARTER SLIP : 700 numbered : $ 34.99
- One click BOX Set(Include FULL SLIP, LENTICULAR FULL SLIP, QUARTER SLIP) : 300 numbered $124.99 (As same numbered)

Contemplating just selling the bulk of my Nova collection. The Nova choice line was WWA yes but at least we got recent movie releases out of it with their signature slips to boot, these days it's all older releases except the odd exception like John Wick... I don't have anything against older films per se but if Manta lab can put out an exclusive release every month/every other month for new movies why can't Nova at least alternate.

• Thanks
Reactions: Brett_S
OK, the film isn't a classic but the steelbook looks a little beauty. . . scrubbed clean of non-essential text and with perfectly balanced artwork . . . only wish it was available as a standalone in my territory for a 'sensible' price . . . of course about time this film had a decent steelbook to join the decent Plain Archive Amaray w/ slipcase:-
View attachment 351923 View attachment 351933

. . . especially when compared to these others in metal packaging . . . two absolutely smothered in text and banners . . . the third - also with non-English language text on the front - brought a smile to my face when I first saw it . . . with that hara-kiri style kneeling figure.
Puzzled originally by the predominantly green colour choice instead of expected cold greys, blacks, blues and whites of the alleged setting (Alaska) . . . until discovered that the green colour may in fact be closer to reality as a lot of the filming was done here - in Bulkley Valley, Smithers, British Columbia, in Vancouver and in the ski resort of Whistler - not actually in Alaska:-
View attachment 351939View attachment 351921 View attachment 351922 View attachment 351929

Sorry, didn’t get what you were trying to say..... could you use more pictures?

Manta Lab may be pumping them out, but I've never got a scratched steelbook from Nova.

Slow and steady wins the race...

Quality control issues or not, atleast Mantas releases are selling out because their release choices are solid/desirable. As soon as "The Grey" was announced people were straight away like "easy pass". Alot of Novas exclusives take ages to sell out if they ever do, I fear this will be the same. If you're not selling your products then though slow and steady.. You're not winning anything

Last edited:
4000 print run for this title is too much, very high chance to end up in winter sale. But will probably grab something now anyway as I would like to watch it again after long time and i think price will be reasonable also....
Agree odd choice for a catalog release I don't think a lot of steelbook collectors care about this title. Just a poor choice. I think it's okay and own the PA release but how many people in the oversaturated market we live In need this? As far as the 1 click, really? 4K is ridiculous amount. These will be in stock forever, I thought that they learned there lesson. Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2 took a long time to finally sell out most of the stock, Not sure if they got rid of GOTG reissue? Nova has been slipping since T2, Other than JW2 been kind of subpar the last year.