The Grey (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Media Exclusive #16) [Korea]

rj531

Rock Ninja/Steelbook Contributor
Premium Supporter
Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: January 31, 2018 (Pre-order January 18 at 10 PM Korea time)
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular Slip - 1/4 Slip - One-Click
Price: TBA
Notes: Full Slip: 1200 copies - Lenticular Slip: 1200 copies - 1/4 Slip: 700 copies - One-Click: 300 copies

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Manta Lab may be pumping them out, but I've never got a scratched steelbook from Nova.

Slow and steady wins the race...

Had loads of scratched steels from nova

And their avengers AOU WEA had loads of issues with that strange markings all over the steel

Guardians WEA had issues with their slips with the credits misprint and cut S on guardians etc

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Covcraig
Wow, the wolf's snout looks awesome with that super glossy finish.
I really need to see the movie before the 18th. But I think even if I don't like it, I have to get that steel.

Wow, the wolf's snout looks awesome with that super glossy finish.
I really need to see the movie before the 18th. But I think even if I don't like it, I have to get that steel.

You'd buy a premium edition steelbook for a film you dont like? I guess some really are made of money then :(

I'm sure you'll enjoy the film anyway, it's very good :)

will probably go for the full slip.. movie was great and the steelbook is awesome.. had the plain archive full slip it wasnt good enough

You'd buy a premium edition steelbook for a film you dont like? I guess some really are made of money then :(

I'm sure you'll enjoy the film anyway, it's very good :)

Nah, not really, I'm afraid. However there're some designs that are too good pass on even if the film is only mediocre. But I wouldn't buy a steelbook/premium edition for a movie I didn't like at all. It's a fine line, but it's definitely there. ;)

As mentioned already big fan of the artwork for this steelbook . . . especially in the way they adapted the two main images from the original Chinese poster for the film and opened them up across the covers . . . with obvious changes to the colouring to get it more "grey":-
upload_2018-1-8_19-5-13.png
upload_2018-1-8_19-8-12.png

Finish looks as it should . . . but maybe a trick missed here?
Would've been nice if the back matched the front even more closely than it does already . . . this time, for a change, complete with framing border and embossed title . . . thus allowing for equally excellent back cover display on a stand.

Other views from the NM site of this classy steelbook . . . with cool effect to LN's eyes :-
26219133_1142572479179856_4162123429719013202_n.jpg

Different angles:-
26219221_1142572539179850_7898393527977062690_n.jpg
26239246_1142572475846523_2848877025305265295_n.jpg
26196130_1142572545846516_2196567964218367716_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ending SPOILER (lol)

No shortage of Liam Neeson films on Blu-ray and probably more steelbooks for his films than for many of his peers . . . with THE GREY probably the best to date . .
Needless to say "do not open spoiler" if no interest in films/steelbooks with Liam Neeson prominent . . .
Taken_Steelbook_04.jpg
taken-steelbook-exterior-original.jpg

DSC_1468.jpg
193124Photo2.jpg
taken-3-steelbook-france-4.jpg
image-jpg.164671
Unknown4605-3.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Non-Stop_Limited_Steelbook_Edition_09.jpg
71cvurusl1l-_sl1500_-jpg.68505

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grey1.jpg
26232724_1142572489179855_3515207167765669133_o.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
254954241_9e5e48a6-d2fc-4044-907e-87474f8dc4f4.jpg
254954241_77b9e25a-e65c-4633-adf1-3c57e0bfeca3.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
918rFx8NDEL._SL1500_.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3Ea5SS8.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
image-jpg.178063
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
upload_2018-1-9_0-39-57.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoveActually-02.jpg
LoveActually-03.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a-team-steelbook-6.jpg
B004GKEPLK.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a-monsters-call-steelbook-fr2.jpg

dsc_1574-jpg.115884

Seraphim-Falls-steelbook-2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
maxresdefault.jpg
75651_full.jpg

upload_2018-1-9_1-43-54.png
n%252Cnm%252Cnmmn%252C.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: