The Guest (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Dec 13, 2013
West Sussex, UK
Purchase: Zavvi (live now!)
Release: December 29,2014
Price: £17.99
Notes: Zavvi exclusive

TheGuest_BD_steelbook_3D.JPG

I know nothing *official* has been said but I tweeted Icon today and this was the response:

https://twitter.com/LGrima/status/525292369399541760

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh I was just thinking earlier today based on its Dec 29th date - hope it gets a steelbook release. Very funny and entertaining flick.
The-Guest_810x1200.jpg
something like this with gloss would be dandy. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut
According to the PR company handling the release (whom I work with for reviews) do not know of a steelbook release at the moment. However, the release date is the end of December so there is still time.

Heh I was just thinking earlier today based on its Dec 29th date - hope it gets a steelbook release. Very funny and entertaining flick.

The-Guest_810x1200.jpg

something like this with gloss would be dandy. :D

Not seen the film but see the trailer on the cold in July blu Ray and looks ok. Really like that art tho. Looks amazing

If we do get one I do hope its handled by Entertainment Store or HMV, otherwise I fear it might just be the same artwork as the amaray. Which can be fine but if you're going to steelbook it you may as well push the boat out a bit more. :D

Reactions: Andycadle84
If we do get one I do hope its handled by Entertainment Store or HMV, otherwise I fear it might just be the same artwork as the amaray. Which can be fine but if you're going to steelbook it you may as well push the boat out a bit more. :D
I would agree with you up to a point, but can think of 3 recent releases where the amaray design has outclassed the steelbook design:

-Enter The Dragon
-Lethal Weapon
-Guardians of the Galaxy (subject to whether or not you like this design, but personally I prefer the 3D Blu-ray cover)

Hell, even Training Day managed to look worse on steelbook than the original DVD/Blu-ray design- Same image, but in black and white?? Ugh...

Feel a bit more cautious when hearing about upcoming releases now after the recent run of uninspired releases we've been 'treated' to...

If the design for this is good though, think I might well be in for it- Heard nothing but good things about the film and slightly gutted I missed it at the cinema.

Reactions: Ranavalone
Also, don't think the distributors have any say whatsoever in the design process so wouldn't matter too much who got their hands on this release if we are to see a steelbook release.
For the record, did you see the movie? If so, thoughts??