IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 30, 2018
Purchase links: Plain Archive - Novamedia - YesAsia
Price: $38.49 (PA) - $37.99 (Nova) - $47.99 (YesAsia)
Notes: 3 Disc Digipak & O-ring Sleeve (Gold Foil Letterpress) + a 22 page Booklet (Korean & English Support)

81070568b10ae181a2af7a3d6befdbbb_800x.png

70937260ce38b8df13d3c973e15bec22_600x.png
9610e692d24785c18f4054215bc00c4e_600x.png
3_09f893f7-0265-492f-93a7-f5f8e2516b47_800x.png
c1f1b5cf3ce3fc0d3b8c6552af193ee2_600x.jpg

Last edited:
Is this a real PA exclusive? There is also a listing at Novamedia.

It's a CJ E&M release. PA just in charge of the designs of each version. This is the only numbered version though in the CJ digipack series (number 48) the steelbook versions won't have the number.

I went with the digipack and type A. Thought we would only get a digipack and wasn't prepared for all these versions. :wow:.

• Thanks
Reactions: Real Steel
It's a CJ E&M release. PA just in charge of the designs of each version. This is the only numbered version though in the CJ digipack series (number 48) the steelbook versions won't have the number.

I went with the digipack and type A. Thought we would only get a digipack and wasn't prepared for all these versions. :wow:.

I am also leaning towards the digipack.

Reactions: Last Lizard

The digipack is gorgeous. But I also like type B for the art book and type A for its slipcover. :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Last Lizard
The digipack is gorgeous. But I also like type B for the art book and type A for its slipcover. :naughty:

I was hoping (though not being very postive about it :rofl:) that CJ would have let them push the boat out further. Seems like they probably insisted on them using stills from the film on the slips. I like them but if you look at the storyboard book, it's more along the lines of wat I had in mind. Park Chan-wook has some kind of wallpaper/texture fetish and always works these designs into his movies.. i was imagining a release made to look something like this with crazy amounts of embossing all over a stylish pattern. I guess you kind of get it on the steelbook art but not to the level I imagined. Oh well just glad the wait for a Korean Blu release is over and they look sweet! Now I'm ready for The Wailing, The Bacchus Lady and Addiction Karaoke! :whistle:.

So the digipack is a CJ exclusive

I was hoping (though not being very postive about it :rofl:) that CJ would have let them push the boat out further. Seems like they probably insisted on them using stills from the film on the slips. I like them but if you look at the storyboard book, it's more along the lines of wat I had in mind. Park Chan-wook has some kind of wallpaper/texture fetish and always works these designs into his movies.. i was imagining a release made to look something like this with crazy amounts of embossing all over a stylish pattern. I guess you kind of get it on the steelbook art but not to the level I imagined. Oh well just glad the wait for a Korean Blu release is over and they look sweet! Now I'm ready for The Wailing, The Bacchus Lady and Addiction Karaoke! :whistle:.

So the digipack is a CJ exclusive

Yes, the digipack is a typical CJ O-ring digipack in their traditional style. And the steelbook seems very much a PA input. If I'm not wrong, PA never did digipack and CJ hardly did steelbook.

It's unfortunate PA could not give the same treatment they usually give their exclusives, inclusive postcards in envelope etc. It looks like CJ didn't want the packages to vary too much in style and contents so as not to affect their digipack sales.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
Yep as far as I recall the last CJ steelbook was Snowpiercer along with the usual digipack release and i can't think of any other digipacks done by PA. They may have had a hand in the design here but it certainly resembles the usual CJ digipack design alot more!

• Thanks
Reactions: Real Steel
Yep as far as I recall the last CJ steelbook was Snowpiercer along with the usual digipack release and i can't think of any other digipacks done by PA. They may have had a hand in the design here but it certainly resembles the usual CJ digipack design alot more!

Haha, I think PA's hand is only in the steelbook design.

Anyway I do wish PA add digipacks as options to their steelbook releases. It's cheaper and nicer with true wraparound artwork that can be seen clearly even on the disc side. I really love it when there are multi-panels that we can unfold and spread out fully as one to enjoy the artwork, especially when the disc art blends in, such as this:
IMG_5535.JPG

So the red logo on the front and the specs are actually all printed on the slip!? What a bummer. :/

@moon
Would it be possible for you to provide the dimensions (height/width/depth) for the Digipack? I would like to know whether it would fit inside my German collector's edition.