HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus hosting

01-288712.jpg

pics below from luke :thumbs:

the_hateful_eight_packshot_open_outside-1-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234579

the_hateful_eight_packshot_inside-2-fit-to-width-431x431-q80-png.234580

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a chart title-they'll all be on the shop floor

Not necessarily true

Sometimes those spider clips around items indicate theft happens in that store or area.

There were some huge issues with theft over the last 2/ 3 years in quite a few HMV stores regarding steelbooks so a lot of stores starting putting steels in those spider clips when usually it's things like expensive headphones or blu Ray box sets. And they also started putting loads of steels in the draws or cupboards behind the tills.

All depends on the store really,
I worked in one store where the manager hated the steelbooks being kept in cupboards behind the till despite being told to and another store I worked a different manager loved keeping them behind the till with very few out on the floor despite if it was new release, chart release or neither so it differs where you are

I had mentioned before in another thread but if you can't see any on the floor then it's worth asking them to look behind the till. You never know

also they keep boxes below the till with items that customers might not of purchased in the end or other reasons like found near the till etc and they haven't put them back on the shelves yet

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Not necessarily true

Sometimes those spider clips around items indicate theft happens in that store or area.

There were some huge issues with theft over the last 2/ 3 years in quite a few HMV stores regarding steelbooks so a lot of stores starting putting steels in those spider clips when usually it's things like expensive headphones or blu Ray box sets. And they also started putting loads of steels in the draws or cupboards behind the tills.

All depends on the store really,
I worked in one store where the manager hated the steelbooks being kept in cupboards behind the till despite being told to and another store I worked a different manager loved keeping them behind the till with very few out on the floor despite if it was new release, chart release or neither so it differs where you are

I had mentioned before in another thread but if you can't see any on the floor then it's worth asking them to look behind the till. You never know

also they keep boxes below the till with items that customers might not of purchased in the end or other reasons like found near the till etc and they haven't put them back on the shelves yet

Seven years at HMV-Most of them in store management. Unless they're reserved-they'll all be on the shop floor and tagged. When they're gone...they're gone

Seven years at HMV-Most of them in store management. Unless they're reserved-they'll all be on the shop floor and tagged. When they're gone...they're gone

What's seven years at Hmv? And who's mostly store management?
You mean you was?

Honestly I'm not kidding, I used to keep loads in the draws behind the till at one place, that was for every release.
You think of a new release ammray say the hateful eight for this purpose, that all copies will be on the shop floor? That's not how it works. You don't put every single copy out, that's why there is a stock room. (Plus we had rules at the time on how many shelves can be stoked up with how many copies and ammray gets more than steel) I've seen it a million times and also one of the stores was in a big busy well known shopping centre and Christmas is mental busy and even then we wasn't aloud to put all copies out. Sometimes with the ammrays they stack them up inbetween the shelving or underneath so it's easy to stock them up without going to the stock room but steelbooks are a whole other ball game. Also like I said, depends on what theft was like in the stores as area. One place I was I was in was extremely hot on it, hense why the majority of the stock was behind the till and if we sold any we had to go replace with a new copy

if the suppliers carry out 'stringent quality control checks', how come my copy arrived with 2 dents on the back??????????

well ive spoken with your postie and he says you never left him a christmas tip so hes decided to play football with your post till at least this christmas :hilarious:

basil :thumbs:

I placed an order around 5:15PM yesterday so expected a Monday shipment. Do HMV ship Saturdays then or... ?

Perhaps they don't ship Saturdays. Last time I ordered from hmv they shipped it within a couple of hours of ordering and it came the following day. That was midweek though.

Perhaps they don't ship Saturdays. Last time I ordered from hmv they shipped it within a couple of hours of ordering and it came the following day. That was midweek though.
Yeah same.... My first order dispatched same day (Thurs) and I received next day (yesterday!). Incredibly quick service :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
What's seven years at Hmv? And who's mostly store management?
You mean you was?

Honestly I'm not kidding, I used to keep loads in the draws behind the till at one place, that was for every release.
You think of a new release ammray say the hateful eight for this purpose, that all copies will be on the shop floor? That's not how it works. You don't put every single copy out, that's why there is a stock room. (Plus we had rules at the time on how many shelves can be stoked up with how many copies and ammray gets more than steel) I've seen it a million times and also one of the stores was in a big busy well known shopping centre and Christmas is mental busy and even then we wasn't aloud to put all copies out. Sometimes with the ammrays they stack them up inbetween the shelving or underneath so it's easy to stock them up without going to the stock room but steelbooks are a whole other ball game. Also like I said, depends on what theft was like in the stores as area. One place I was I was in was extremely hot on it, hense why the majority of the stock was behind the till and if we sold any we had to go replace with a new copy

Guess that's why they went into administration & to answer your queries;

Yes-seven years (2000-2007) at 3 stores-Oxford St, Trocadero & Canary Wharf-all prestige stores, all busy.
If I had chart stock in the stockroom and amarayed out on the end-on's , I would've been out of a job. I know HMV reduced their loss prevention presence in stores but stock doesn't sell if it's outback...

Keeping on topic-sad this has sold out online & hope everyone who wants a copy gets one or an alternative release

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: cg2729 and Flloydo
Guess that's why they went into administration & to answer your queries;

Yes-seven years (2000-2007) at 3 stores-Oxford St, Trocadero & Canary Wharf-all prestige stores, all busy.
If I had chart stock in the stockroom and amarayed out on the end-on's , I would've been out of a job. I know HMV reduced their loss prevention presence in stores but stock doesn't sell if it's outback...

Keeping on topic-sad this has sold out online & hope everyone who wants a copy gets one or an alternative release

Ok cool - I'll put my response in a spoiler so it don't clog the thread up

One of my times there was actually after the administration and re opened when partnered with hilco and it was the same with keeping stock of most steels and chart ammray aswel as games behind the till in draws and cupboards. But we always made sure stock was out on show too and kept the shelves stocked when we sold them, well I was definatley on it (obviously when we had the actual stock)
The first shop I worked in had everything in hallways for chart also so you go out to grab stuff because the till was right next to it and was a very busy store too (won't say where it was lol)
But there was high theft in the stores I worked with steels and another store near me so that was the reason we did that and only kept so many out. We was told everywhere that has the same issue were doing the same and using the spider tags on them (which I used to hate taking off) and then when i went to another place and they were doing it too so I assumed it wasn't just 1 shop.
Also for previous releases and simular issues with peeps on here going into stores and them not having any I've mentioned to ask at the till and some have had luck with that.

Yeah really like the steel, also looking forward to kimchi's reveal

Fwiw with regards to stock at hmv whether it's on the shelf or behind the till/stock room it really depends on the store. One close to me you have to go to the counter and ask otherwise you won't get a copy since their all behind the till.

Quite relevant to this thread as people should ask when going in store as you never know they might have a copy for you.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
@BluSteel2012 @paulboland do either of you know if this is being stocked in any of the Irish HMV stores or was this strictly a UK only title? Left it til last minute and now I'm worried I can't grab one.

@Naughtius Maximus if I can't secure a copy in my country do you have a spare one available in your gb?
The HMV/Xtra-vision hybrid store where I live in Navan closed when Xtra-vision closed down all the retail stores

I rarely get a chance to be up in Dublin with my Job as I work Nights
Someone would have to check in Dublin to see if any made it into the HMV store in Henry St
It might still show up on HMV Ireland Website but that will depend on how much stock is still available
Some HMV exclusives have listed on HMV Ireland website months after a release even up to a year after

But with this release if the stock levels are very low it might not happen

Reactions: ihategiantspiders
i can certainly point from experience of dealing with the HMV store in Belfast. Staff totally unhelpful and basically uninterested in trying to help you in any form. Their whole attitude was "Another hour of this shift and I'm out of here" seemed to their attitude. They don't even stock steelboiok or even order them in. I know i tried.......

@BluSteel2012 @paulboland do either of you know if this is being stocked in any of the Irish HMV stores or was this strictly a UK only title? Left it til last minute and now I'm worried I can't grab one.

@Naughtius Maximus if I can't secure a copy in my country do you have a spare one available in your gb?

I only have mis-aligned copies left now, sending them back on Tuesday so let me know beforehand if interested :)

@paulboland cheers, I'm going to call my local store tomorrow and see if they've any. There have been UK only titles that have popped up unexpectedly for me in the past so you never know.

@Naughtius Maximus Ok, thanks, will do. Like I said above I'm gonna try call my local first and if they act oblivious (which most staff tend to when it comes to Steels) I'll get one from you. How bad exactly is this misalignment I hear about. I'm sure if it's something minor similar to the likes of some of the Zavvi Disneys or the UK Winter Soldier error I'll get over it and grab one from you before you send it back. Anyway, I'll keep you posted. Thanks man!

Ok, so I just saw the pic of the misalignment. That wouldn't bother me in the slightest actually. It almost looks like an icy shadow :D

Last edited:

I'm not from Dublin, but I happened to be there last Tues and popped into HMV on O Connell street and nada! Nothing! Zero!

Not Even a copy of the film on Blu Ray full stop. Not sure what's going on with this movie over here, but HMV don't seem to be carrying it at all. You can't even order the movie from their Irish website. Only CD soundtrack :confused:

I'd be interested in a copy if there's a spare one going and would buy it of you next Thursday (pay day). The alignment problem would not bother me.

I'm not from Dublin, but I happened to be there last Tues and popped into HMV on O Connell street and nada! Nothing! Zero!

Not Even a copy of the film on Blu Ray full stop. Not sure what's going on with this movie over here, but HMV don't seem to be carrying it at all. You can't even order the movie from their Irish website. Only CD soundtrack :confused:

Very strange. I rarely buy physical media in-store, 99% of my purchases are online but once in a while to save a bit of cash I do like to walk in and grab the HMV exclusives. When I saw the prices on ebay I got real worried as I think this is the best artwork hands down worldwide. Group buy it is if my local haven't a clue what I'm on about.

You'd swear Ireland is returning to the dark ages, or worse, retailers are reverting back to stock levels akin to Golden Discs :D :D :D