The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw the 70mm as well and loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about it for a week after. It's extremely entertaining and QT at his darkest. My initial reaction was that it was nowhere near Inglorious or even Django since it borrows a lot from those films and Reservoir Dogs. But the more I thought about it the more I liked it and couldn't wait to see it again. Now I don't think it's too far behind Django as it's had more of an impact on me after watching. It might have been the scenes of horror that did it for me. And of course it's a technical masterpiece.

I'm glad The Blu Collection are releasing this. They did a pretty good job with Whiplash, Eternal Sunshine, The World of Kanako, and The Raid 2. Although I would really like to see a Plain Archive or maybe Nova Media release.

How do I find out when these GBs go live? I'm new here and it's all overwhelming, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks

Hi

If there is a GB for this it will be posted in this thread.You can also buy this direct from there website, when it goes live.

Best thing to do is subscribe to this thread.

How do I find out when these GBs go live? I'm new here and it's all overwhelming, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks

Don't think there will be a GB as you can order straight from kimchi but there will be updates in this thread and when a pre order date is announced (usually after the beauty shots of the packages) then a mod will put the time zones in the OP at the top of the page.

You can also watch the thread at the top and get email alerts

Welcome to HDN

@dominic beat me to it lol

Also can't wait to see what the blu collection does to this release.
Love kimchi's blu collection and finally pulled the trigger on memento recently (just need to raids now but not too bothered about them atm)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: jim 80 and Krakauer
This is the thread/page for GBs

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/forums/steelbook-group-buys.91/

All the rules are at the top and also in the Seperate GB threads.

I didn't realise but it seems we do have group buys for kimchidvd on here. Didn't think it happened as you can order from straight from the site but then again you get nova GBs here too

Least on a Group Buy you are almost garenteed a copy . Just have to wait and see if the art work is different each retailer . If its all the same might be worth staying in the UK for this one .

Still have time to decide weather I hop on the GB OR not :thumbs: .

Reactions: Flloydo
Least on a Group Buy you are almost garenteed a copy . Just have to wait and see if the art work is different each retailer . If its all the same might be worth staying in the UK for this one .

Still have time to decide weather I hop on the GB OR not :thumbs: .

Usually I would go for the UK but I'm a fan of kimchi's blu collection and this and it follows are the next for me in that line. Gona be a no brainier for me but I'll wait to see what they do with the full slip and lenti until I decide.
I imagine a full slip would be better for this film

Don't quote me on this, but I believe their Snowpiercer release was region locked... or at least that's what I read a while back, which is why I never picked it up. That might have just been a one-off though... maybe someone else can confirm?

I think you might be correct. I was going to say they have all been region free but now you said that it kinda rings a bell

Reactions: Noodles
Don't quote me on this, but I believe their Snowpiercer release was region locked... or at least that's what I read a while back, which is why I never picked it up. That might have just been a one-off though... maybe someone else can confirm?

I think you might be correct. I was going to say they have all been region free but now you said that it kinda rings a bell

Snowpierce kimchi was Region A

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Saw the 70mm as well and loved it. I couldn't stop thinking about it for a week after. It's extremely entertaining and QT at his darkest. My initial reaction was that it was nowhere near Inglorious or even Django since it borrows a lot from those films and Reservoir Dogs.

Tarantino's only done one film since 1992. He basically just remakes the same movie over and over, all he does is change the setting and genre. He uses the same tropes/storytelling structure, the same actors - even the font for the credits are the same type and color in every film! Having said that, I really enjoyed Hateful Eight. I don't consider it Tarantino's best film (that honor belongs to Kill Bill IMO) but it's definitely among his most entertaining :)

Reactions: Huguito and harry