The Hateful Eight - In theaters January 8, 2016

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
From IMDB:
Director: Quentin Tarantino
With: Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russel, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern and more...

Hey NINJAS! :thumbs: Quentin Tarantino Says His Next Film Will be a Western!!!
With Django Unchained having earned over $425 million at the worldwide box office, Quentin Tarantino is sticking with the Western genre for his next film. Appearing on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," Tarantino talked about the project.

"I can't talk that much about it, but I will say one thing. I haven't told anyone about this publicly, but I will say the genre. It's a Western," he said. "It's not a 'Django' sequel, but it's another Western, and the thing is I had so much fun doing 'Django' and I love Westerns so much, that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'well okay, now let me make another one now I know what I'm doing.'"
Poster :photo:
hatefuleightposter.jpg

Official Teaser Trailer

Last edited:
Man, I would love for Tarantino to make a sci-fi flick... just a blood-soaked, R-rated sci-fi epic. Maybe one day.
This is my dreams :oohyeah: but for make this he got speak with great major and i see this very difficult for the director he love the freedoom creative dislike intrusion in yours decision.
And when take a great budget freedoom is very under control.

Reactions: Wreck
never mind his next film where the hell is "Kill Bill The whole Bloody Affair" super dooper special edition and BD release he promised us many years ago.

Reactions: Wreck
EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a bit of fun gossip surfacing in Golden Globes weekend. Whenever Quentin Tarantino completes a new script, it’s an event accompanied by great fanfare, partly because his scripts are so damned fun to read. The drums have begun beating on his next film. Here’s what I am hearing. None of it is entirely confirmed but I believe it. It is definitely a Western, and the working title I’m hearing is The Hateful Eight. Tarantino has finished a draft, and is in the process of showing it to a handful of actors he wants for the picture. He usually does this, gets feedback and goes back in and hones his work. I’m so far hearing he’s got two actors in mind.

One isn’t a surprise: Christoph Waltz, whom Tarantino helped transform from an Austrian character actor into a two-time Oscar winning star of Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained. The other name I’m hearing is Bruce Dern. I sure do hope the latter is true. Here is a guy who, at the age of 77 and after a career worth of distinguished mostly supporting performances, has emerged as a Best Actor frontrunner in Alexander Payne‘s Nebraska. I sat with Dern recently, and he is as razor sharp as ever and has an encyclopedic memory for Hollywood lore and his place in this world. This has made him the perfect candidate for a ‘comeback’– he is still so on his game — and a handful of directors who are resourceful in their casting like Payne and Tarantino are very astute in recognizing that. Tarantino likely has several months left to hammer out the shooting script so nothing gets finalized until then. At that point, Harvey Weinstein gets involved in funding it, most likely with a partner for foreign territories. Sony Pictures was the most recent partner, with Django Unchained, after Universal shared Inglorious Basterds with TWC. No comment from the principals on this, but stay tuned.
Courtesy: Deadline

Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight on Indefinite Hold Following Script Leak! :angry: :violent:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113827

The film's title revealed back in November, Quentin Tarantino's planned Western, The Hateful Eight, is now on indefinite hold following a script leak in Hollywood. A decidedly upset Tarantino today tells Deadline that he will move forward with another screenplay and that the script for The Hateful Eight will, for the time being, see publication instead.

"I’m not making this next," Tarantino says. "I’m going to publish it, and that’s it for now. I give it out to six people and, if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing. I’ve got ten more where that came from."

In fact, Tarantino seems to already know what will take The Hateful Eight's place on his schedule.

"The idea was, I was going to write two scripts," he explains of the Western's origins. "I wasn’t going to shoot the Western until next winter and I have been full of piss and vinegar about the other one. So now I’ll do that one.”

Among the actors said to have been sent copies of The Hateful Eight are Bruce Dern, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth. Tarantino also implies that parts had been written for both Christoph Waltz and Samuel L. Jackson, but that neither talent had yet been sent the screenplay.

Another link with more details! http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/quentin-tarantino-hateful-eight-leak-novel/#more-669066

Last edited:
What a bummer! Total dick move by whoever leaked it. Can't say I blame QT for wanting to shelve it though. Have to say I'm excited to see what genre he decides to go with for his next film now... whatever it is, it'll be incredible, I'm sure. :scat:

Reactions: Thelite13
so another words.....

when you no longer see any of these guys in future films then you know who he suspects....

Bruce Dern, Michael Madsen and Tim Roth

Reactions: harry and bojee
Talking of Sci-fi he's always been a big fan of Star Trek and has made it clear he'd love to direct a Star Trek film. Now that would be fun if it happened. It would be akin to Scarface meeting Bambi.......

Its disappointing news, any new Tarantino film is worth getting excited about. I just hope that there isn't a big delay now before his next movie as he has to write another script. Apparently he had been writing 2 scripts and he said he may go with the other one now. As for genres I did hear he wanted to make a serial killer film but said he doesn't know if the world is ready for it! He also mentioned a 1930's gangster film. I don't see him doing Sci-fi as he doesn't use CGI so I don't know how that would work. Who knows what it will be!

Its likely one of the actor's agencies that leaked it..... super sh*tty. If I were in his position I too would shelf the project (since a guy of his calibre in the industry can).

Quentin Tarantino's 'The Hateful Eight' is Back on Track, Targeting November Shoot! :LOL: :scat:

hateful-eight.jpg

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/05/24/exclusive-tarantino-movie-hateful-eight-has-november-start-date

EXCLUSIVE: It does seem as though Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” will roll this November. Sources I’ve talked to have said the cast will gather in Wyoming to begin shooting then. That cast will include Samuel L. Jackson, Bruce Dern, Michael Madsen, and all the actors who recently participated in the live reading of “Hateful Eight” that took place after the script was “leaked.” Those would be also Kurt Russell, James Remar, Amber Tamblyn, Walt Goggins, and Zoe Bell.

Sadly, two time Oscar winner Christoph Waltz is not in this movie after his award winning performances in “Inglorious Basterds” and “Django Unchained.”

Yesterday Tarantino did say he’d “calmed down” after the shock of the leak and subsequent lawsuit he filed against Gawker. He said he was doing his second rewrite and a third would follow. So a November start date sounds just about right. At least the opening scenes take place in Wyoming where Tarantino also shot a lot of “Django Unchained.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpI5X4rLVio#t=60

:movie:

So no Christoph Waltz? :wtf: Was it his people that leaked the script!? No matter, I'm just glad this is back on track! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad Hateful Eight is back on track. I was able to read Tarantino's first draft screenplay that leaked earlier this year and it was so amazing I immediately had to read it a second time.

He already did a western.

And anyone disappointed that Tarantino is doing two westerns in a row, know that Eight is a completely different beast than Django. Django was a sprawling, dynamic, action-packed western and Eight is a much smaller scale, slow burn, talking heads western. I liked Eight SO much more than Django (your mileage may vary). Any fans of Tarantino's dialogue will absolutely love Eight. I'm curious to see how much his second draft screenplay and the final film compare to the first draft.

Reactions: bloodsnake007